ACE 250 was on FIRE today!!

Decender

Aug 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garret Pinpinter 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Roughly about 26 working hours on the ACE 250. Decided to hit up a park after work. I was not disappointed.

Pulled up about 3 pennies and a foil trash. I really thought I was going for penny numer 4 and I'll be dammed if I did'nt pop this sucker out of the ground within about 8 minutes.

IMG_20171011_201512.jpg
IMG_20171011_202153.jpg

I do not think it is Silver. No mark inside of the band. It is not magnetic and does have a little weight to it. If anyone can tell just by looking at the inside of the band, I'd be happy for any insight. But, hey, sure is pretty to me and my best ring find yet of the three I have found!

After that I went and got my daughter and went to 2 other tot lots I was wanting to see what I could find. After the evening was over with the 3 places in an hour and a half total... 2.70 cents in change, a ring and some other do-dads (modren jean buttons, nuts and the usual trash)

Oldest coin tonight though was a 1956 Nickel.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Emitt

Jul 27, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Vintage Whites Prz III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchased a 250 about six months ago as a backup to my AT Pro. Haven't used it once. Guess I should break it out and give her a run. Well done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good assortment of finds you got going on your new ACE 250. Good luck in your future hunts!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice looking ring, but by looking at the inside of that band, it does not look silver. If it was, you would not see all of those little black specs, and edges.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Nice ring Decender. You know, if I remember correctly, you could test that ring using aluminum foil and spit to give you an idea if it is silver. I think if you put the ring in the foil, spit on it and hold it in the foil it will smell like rotten eggs (if silver). Keep in mind that silver plated items would have the same reaction.

There used to be a great thread about testing methods but the guy who started it got mad about something and started deleting posts (which is a no no). Now I can't remember most of it other than something about makeup and gold 🤔

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool ring. I'd get a precious metal test kit and then you'd know if it's silver or not. Best of luck!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its not silver, easy to tell its plated.
You can also tell by dropping it on a desk, silver will thunk and junk will clang, same with coins.

Nice find nonetheless, I save all my jewelry finds, many found with the 250. I have since upgraded but still use the 250's cousin 400 very often.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Decender!
I also use an ACE 250 and love it!
Send me a PM if you want to hunt sometime.
Im in Milwaukee too!

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THE RING IS FINE AND SO IS QUALITY TIME.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread