A little Golden Bling

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long time since my last post, too long. It wasn't from the lack of interest and desire, but more time and ripe places to pick. I went to a co-workers newly acquired home to remove nails from the hard to make it child safe. My reward, other than knowing it's safe, was a few dug clad coins, but happy to have hunted.

When I'm eager for a hunt, and lack a place or time, I wonder a short distance to a local school. sometimes at night. Tonight, I took my brother with me, who wasn't really interested in hunting, but came as a lookout for Bears, Mountain Lions or other predators. We went to the most remote part of the School and one of my least hunted areas in the last two years. It had produced several gold finds in the past.

This proved difficult for my companion. He started freaking out at ever sound and had the flashlight all over the place. In a small town, that would certainly stir up interest and a call to the Sheriff's office. We had to leave and headed to another field, closer and better lite.
This field too, had produced gold before. In fact, my biggest gold ring came from here. But It's also my Most Hunted field, so hope was low of finding anything significant.

As I started swinging my MXT Pro with 4x6 coil, signals came and I dug the usual clad. I was only on about my fourth signal, VDI unknown, cuz it's dark ya know, It sounded like a typical pull tab, just a bit more solid, when I noticed a shine from the hole at about 2 inches down. A feeling of doubt and disbelief overcame me. As I pulled it from it's resting place, I pulled out my trustee flashlight and examined it the best I could in the dark field conditions. A heart shape and lots of little diamond looking things. Not that heavy, hmmm, I thought, "Probably recently dropped Bling". I put it in my pocket and continued a bit more.

Coil swinging once again, I dug two more signals and found more clad. I decided to check on my afraid of the dark brother. He was ready to go on arrival, so I concurred and we headed home.

I did my usual mad dash for my magnifier to examine my bling closer, expecting disappointment and the typical " Oh Well, I got to go hunting" response to myself. Instead, I belted out a loud "OH S***" as my eye settled on the 14k marking inside the band.

So as I prepare to sleep tonight, the words on my mind are "NEVER HUNTED OUT".

Enjoy with me, the Joy of finding gold.

Thanks for sharing the love of the hobby.
Yours Truly, MariposaGold

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy :censored: That's one great ring.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s amazing how those hunted out fields just keep on producing beautiful finds...sweet gold ring you found!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the bling, kind of distracting having a person that's scared of their own shadow along for a hunt. :)

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bingo! That's a really nice ring! Congrats! :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awsome gold ring and with diamonds! Congrats!

Maybe it only came out at night. [emoji1]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
OH YEEEaaaaaa. GLITTER! Congratulations on that lil beaut!

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Thats an awesome find! Id still be Dancing..lol...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OH YEAH LIL GOLD RING YOU SAY <NICE........

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome gold find! She is a beauty, congratulations!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent score on a very pretty ring. Love your brother as the "lookout". Would have made a very funny You Tube video you two night raiding the school.:laughing9: Congrats.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent score on a very pretty ring. Love your brother as the "lookout". Would have made a very funny You Tube video you two night raiding the school.:laughing9: Congrats.:icon_thumright:

Oh, good video, sucky camera. LOL. Need more gold to by good camera. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread