2017 season part deux...silver restarts my season.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
It's been a long, hot dry summer here in Bama as it has been in most of the southeast...hard to even get motivated in the heat and in good spots it is hard to dig without wrecking everything even with my Sampson.
Nate dropped a lot of rain on us last weekend and the temps are finally falling a little so the weather isn't baking the moisture out if the soil so badly and quickly and the signals are better.
I got though our "winter" downtime so now it is time to start up again in earnest.
In a lawn I have been hunting all summer after the few rains we had gave up a lot but I thought I was done.
Yesterday I tried one more time and the ground had the perfect amount of moisture, the digging was perfect, the signals were better and more numerous and this thing popped up...Lucky #13 silver target for me in 2017.
I used to love summer and hate winter when I grew up in Michigan but now that is flipped.
Time for the games to begin again in earnest...phase 2 of the 2017 hunting season is just beginning for us here now.
About time.
A good start, hope there is much more to come.

Attachments

• photostudio_1507893932167.jpg
    photostudio_1507893932167.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 11

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Nice start to phase 2!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MR JEFFERSON I ASSUME

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cooler air is coming to Bama and should make hunting better for you...good luck in all your hunts to come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread