🥇 BANNER bracelet Robert Cruickshank ( 1743-1809 ).

GuyToken

May 2, 2015
West of Montréal
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer11
excalibur11
XP déus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apres midi j'ai fais une sortie sur un site de traite.
Pas de signal ou presque.
J'ai eu un gros signal et BAG un bracelet de traite de Robert Cruickshank ( 1743-1809 ).
Sa fait ma journée.

After noon I have make an hunt on a site of trade.
No signal or almost.
I had a big signal and BAG a bracelet of trade of fur of Robert Cruickshank ( 1743-1809 ).
His fact my day.
GuyToken

Upvote 68
OP
OP
GuyToken

GuyToken

May 2, 2015
West of Montréal
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer11
excalibur11
XP déus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excusé moi.
je suis pas un anglophone.
je comprend pas toujours bien les commentaires et règlements.
Je veut pas faire des chicanes sur votre forum. J'aimerais que vous enlever mon poste.
Amicalement
GuyToken

Excused I.
I am no English speaker. I includes not always well comment and regulation.
I wants not to make chicanes on your forum.
I would like that deprive you my post.
Friendly
GuyToken

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Thank you for sharing this piece of North American (Canada and US) history Guy. The alliances the trade of these silver items made, forged the destiny of this continent (that is a fact, not dramatization). What gold coin can say that??? I'm late to the party but it's a Banner to me.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
The Banner system needs a major overhaul.
Seems like they let slip major finds quite often.
Maybe let a 6 panel member of experts decide on what
Makes banner.

I agree. I posted THE key date seated liberty quarter on here that I dug earlier this month, more rare then 99% of the gold coins that are instant banner, and I was surprised that it didn't make it to the top.

Guy contrats on your stellar find!! Fur trade items are quite rare in California, but I have managed to find one fur trade era ring, and a piece of fur trade silver with engravings on it, but nothing like your bracelet, that's a museum piece all day long :thumbsup:

HH,
Cal

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bien fait! Felicitations!!

Lanny

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I have been off line for a few days. I just voted banner.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is no point worrying about why you didn't make banner.

I agree. Since I'm not the one deciding I got no power of it. Even though for me personally it's a banner deserving find.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an awesome, Banner worthy and Museum worthy find! I placed my Banner vote for the find and hope to see at the top where it belongs.

Frank

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your quite new here, so I guess you didn't know to expect this. There is little point debating it, & hell knows I've tried in the past (got myself in trouble), its just best to accept its flawed & let those in the know, know.
Not even your suggestion is full proof, it would be impossible to a get a spectrum of subjective experts on a small panel.
I've had banners for things I don't consider worthy & at the same time many that have gone unnoticed. It evens itself out eventually, & if it doesn't, so what. I maybe saying this from a position of many banners but I didn't join Tnet to get them & its far less important than just sharing the experience with like minded community members.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your quite new here, so I guess you didn't know to expect this. There is little point debating it, & hell knows I've tried in the past (got myself in trouble), its just best to accept its flawed & let those in the know, know.
Not even your suggestion is full proof, it would be impossible to a get a spectrum of subjective experts on a small panel.
I've had banners for things I don't consider worthy & at the same time many that have gone unnoticed. It evens itself out eventually, & if it doesn't, so what. I maybe saying this from a position of many banners but I didn't join Tnet to get them & its far less important than just sharing the experience with like minded community members.
Correct. The majority of banner-worthy finds will end up being banners, some might slip through, but that does not necessitate a change in the system. Besides, a vote among peers is the best system. Some just aren't as informed on items as others, such as me with this find.

But I trust others opinion that it's a banner find and did some research, and this earns my vote!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quite right,you make a lot of sense and I appreciate your experienced view on all this.
You made me realize my narrow spectrum on the subject and I'm getting the bigger picture now.
Also I gotto learn to breathe in and breathe out not only on Tnet,but life in general.
Tks Cru

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite right,you make a lot of sense and I appreciate your experienced view on all this.
You made me realize my narrow spectrum on the subject and I'm getting the bigger picture now.
Also I gotto learn to breathe in and breathe out not only on Tnet,but life in general.
Tks Cru
I was just trying to protect you & the OP, because there is nothing the MOD's hate more (maybe exaggerate a little), then people either lobbying,complaining, or asking for banners. It just kills any chance. That's why it's best just to roll with it, even when it seems a little unjust.
Also, some take a very long time to make it & some take a very short time, so its hard to judge if this hasn't made it yet.
In fact in all the excitement I haven't voted myself yet, so I'll get on that now. I'm terrible for thinking it & not do it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Je tiens à vous féliciter d'avoir mis le bracelet Silver Trade sur la bannière où il mérite d'être. Bien fait Guy
I want to congratulate you in getting the Silver Trade bracelet on the banner where it deserves to be. Well done Guy

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great at the top where it belongs !! Congrats on some more banner fur trade silver !!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already said too much, so I will get back on track & congratulate the OP on making the banner. Like I stated in that last post, sometimes they take time.

Last edited by a moderator:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Félicitations pour une trouvaille fantastique!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so far out of my league , I may as well be playing T-Ball.

AWESOME Historical Find .....WOW!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Felicitation Guy.