New permission new silver

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today to a new permission that was loaded with Lincoln penny's. First target was a 1974 Canadian cent go figure!

Next up was a nice 1964 silver Washington. Then i got a very nice 1936 NYS dog tag number 349764, another one came soon after that was found by fellow tnet member beenfishin.

Got a few harmonica reeds and lamp parts also a small knife. An old makeup tin but the mirror is broken inside and a broken timex watch.

Out of the penny's i got 5 wheats one being a 1909 and probably just under two dollars in Modern clad.

To finish the day i got a nice old International Harvester medal/token from 1931 celebrating the 100 yr anniversary of the "reaper" the first mechanized agriculture tool by Cyrus McCormick in 1831.
IMG_9480.JPG
IMG_9483.JPG
IMG_9498.JPG
IMG_9486.jpg
IMG_9490.JPG
IMG_9491.JPG

Upvote 15
OP
OP
S

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_9573.JPG
IMG_9575.JPG
Cleaned the token a bit more. It appears to have the initials C. D. Scratched into the front side, which i believe stands for the owner of the neighboring farm around that time "1930`s" which happens to be my cousins husbands grandfathers old farm. The family still owns the land still to this day but it is no longer farmed. Pretty cool to think when he was a boy he could have gotten this at a International dealership back then and lost it at the neighbors house.

Last edited:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting finds. Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good variety of finds your getting. Good luck in your hunts!

Congrats on the nice variety of finds!

Interesting finds. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Nice assortment of finds congrats

Thanks!! Living in one of the oldest towns in the U.S. that dates back to the early 1600`s. We are very fortunate to have the access to the places we do, its always exciting to see what pops up

BeenFishin

Apr 19, 2016
Eastern Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats crazy about the IH token. We did a good job yesterday!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does all the brass look like it was harshly cleaned. Your pennies and brass are all the same color.

OP
OP
S

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy said the same as we were digging them , everything was orange right out of the ground. We wondered if it had to do with the soil conditions as the soil was a very heavy wet clay. Very strange as i barely even cleaned my finds.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I SEE TAGS ARE IN THIS YEAR. NICE FINDS

OP
OP
S

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I SEE TAGS ARE IN THIS YEAR. NICE FINDS
It seems there is alot of dog tags popping up. My buddy got a 1935 a year earlier than mine. Im still on the look for one with my hometown name on it , someday il find one..

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have taken a bunch of pennies I didn't care about and put them in a tumbler with some muriatic acid to cut through the crud. This color is how they all came out. Weird that they would come out of the ground that way. Maybe the water is highly acidic.

OP
OP
S

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice variety of targets. The Washington is mint.
The dog tag is an outstanding find.
Congratulations.
Thank you!

I have taken a bunch of pennies I didn't care about and put them in a tumbler with some muriatic acid to cut through the crud. This color is how they all came out. Weird that they would come out of the ground that way. Maybe the water is highly acidic.
I put a couple wheats in muriatic too a month or so back and they do look similar, i diluted it alot with water but didn't really like the results. Im sure it has to do with the acidic soil or even the saltwater marsh nearby not sure. They do look harsh though. I still havent found a good cleaning method so most stuff stays dirty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread