Weekend Ring Trifecta – Gold, Diamonds & Ruby

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swinging has been taking the back seat to football for the last 2 months. Have been out a lil here and there with regular finds but this weekend I hit it big!
Found my first ring and first gold on Friday night and I was excited. I was at practice and had an hour to kill so I went over to the other ball field as nobody was there. Was swinging around the bleachers and scored some clad, a 47 GW and a 41 Merc. Not bad so far and then I get an odd hit… wasn’t sure what it was so I dug it and scored my first gold ring. A nice 14k ladies wedding band. SWEET!

Wedding.JPG

So I head back to practice and a couple of parents were wondering what I was doing. I tell them about detecting, show a couple my setup and a few were interested. I was asking about old yards and possibly doing some of their yards when one mother wondered if I could find her ring she lost last summer. I said I could pop by on Sat and give it a try.
So I stop by and start swinging around the yard, found a lot of junk and a few pennies. It wasn’t looking too good for the recovery till we started talking about the garden. Appears they do some composting and cycle it on their bushes and flowers. Now with new targets I go through the bushes and flowers but still no luck. Then they show me an old pile yard crap so I figure can’t hurt… did everywhere else. Got a rake and spread out the pile and bam, nice signal and what do you think pops out of the pile? You got it! Her engagement ring! One sweet ring I will say. 14k with 3 nice diamonds on it.
I call her over and she is screaming for joy, crying, hugging and thanking me… quite emotional. She had wrote that ring off as a lost and now has it back. Happy day. She was going to go to the jeweler and have it cleaned up. I asked if I could take a pic of her with the find but she didn’t want to. She told me to stop by tomorrow when it is looking good and then take a pic. So I stop by Sun morn after my coffee run and she still had that ear to ear smile! After a couple more hugs and thanks I took a pic of it all cleaned up and WOW! Looking good! I felt good as I found someone’s lost ring and was able to get it back to them! Hope this opens up some permissions for me.

Diamond.JPG

So I am feeling good and a lil lucky so my son and I head to the local park. He is off skateboarding and I was gonna swing the main field but they had a couple of pick up soccer games going on so I was thinking “Seated or Standing” as I went down the sides of the field. Usually just find junk there but not today!
Found a 53 Rosie, 42 Merc, 40 GW and my first Class Ring! I was floored! 3 rings 3 days in a row! WOW!!! Prob Gold plated with a ruby stone but it sure was a cool weekend for me! Gotta do some digging and see if I can find who lost this ring, would be nice to return and have another happy person.

Class.JPG

Well thanks for reading and I hope you had a good weekend out swinging!

Upvote 24
OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s what I call a good weekend. :occasion14: Congratulations. Gold is long overdue for me.
Cheers
Doc

Thanks Doc! I didn't think I was going to find any Gold... ever but sometimes you just get lucky. I wish you luck and hope you find some shiny Gold too.

Awesome finds! Thanks for sharing and for your inspiration to keep persisting!

Thanks! I like sharing my good stories. I always like a thread with good pics and a nice story attached. Makes being there in the mind a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed! Hope I have more stories like this to share in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread