Weekend Ring Trifecta – Gold, Diamonds & Ruby

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swinging has been taking the back seat to football for the last 2 months. Have been out a lil here and there with regular finds but this weekend I hit it big!
Found my first ring and first gold on Friday night and I was excited. I was at practice and had an hour to kill so I went over to the other ball field as nobody was there. Was swinging around the bleachers and scored some clad, a 47 GW and a 41 Merc. Not bad so far and then I get an odd hit… wasn’t sure what it was so I dug it and scored my first gold ring. A nice 14k ladies wedding band. SWEET!

Wedding.JPG

So I head back to practice and a couple of parents were wondering what I was doing. I tell them about detecting, show a couple my setup and a few were interested. I was asking about old yards and possibly doing some of their yards when one mother wondered if I could find her ring she lost last summer. I said I could pop by on Sat and give it a try.
So I stop by and start swinging around the yard, found a lot of junk and a few pennies. It wasn’t looking too good for the recovery till we started talking about the garden. Appears they do some composting and cycle it on their bushes and flowers. Now with new targets I go through the bushes and flowers but still no luck. Then they show me an old pile yard crap so I figure can’t hurt… did everywhere else. Got a rake and spread out the pile and bam, nice signal and what do you think pops out of the pile? You got it! Her engagement ring! One sweet ring I will say. 14k with 3 nice diamonds on it.
I call her over and she is screaming for joy, crying, hugging and thanking me… quite emotional. She had wrote that ring off as a lost and now has it back. Happy day. She was going to go to the jeweler and have it cleaned up. I asked if I could take a pic of her with the find but she didn’t want to. She told me to stop by tomorrow when it is looking good and then take a pic. So I stop by Sun morn after my coffee run and she still had that ear to ear smile! After a couple more hugs and thanks I took a pic of it all cleaned up and WOW! Looking good! I felt good as I found someone’s lost ring and was able to get it back to them! Hope this opens up some permissions for me.

Diamond.JPG

So I am feeling good and a lil lucky so my son and I head to the local park. He is off skateboarding and I was gonna swing the main field but they had a couple of pick up soccer games going on so I was thinking “Seated or Standing” as I went down the sides of the field. Usually just find junk there but not today!
Found a 53 Rosie, 42 Merc, 40 GW and my first Class Ring! I was floored! 3 rings 3 days in a row! WOW!!! Prob Gold plated with a ruby stone but it sure was a cool weekend for me! Gotta do some digging and see if I can find who lost this ring, would be nice to return and have another happy person.

Class.JPG

Well thanks for reading and I hope you had a good weekend out swinging!

Upvote 24
OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the return and some nice finds, well done

Thanks Art. It was nice to finally finds some good items I could share on Tnet.
She was sooooooo happy. I cant imagine loosing a ring like that.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on the finds and the return! I know some people (not here) that would have kept it. :notworthy:

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That was a darn good weekend! Awesome job on the lost ring! :occasion14:

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nicely done...it is always a joy to bring joy and hope to folks that have lost theirs.

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and gold rings you recovered!

Thanks! First ring and gold all in one day was nice.

Pretty impressive finds and congratulations on the return.

Thanks! Felt good to make someones day!

Wow! That was a darn good weekend! Awesome job on the lost ring! :occasion14:

Def my best weekend ever! Haven't been out much so this makes up for lost time!

nicely done...it is always a joy to bring joy and hope to folks that have lost theirs.

Thanks! She had miles of smiles and tons of hugs! Was a great feeling!

Awesome finds and awesome return Stretch. Great post!

Thank you! Had to share my story. Dont always have good things to post but this was a great weekend for me... and her!

Wow! Congrats on the finds and the return! I know some people (not here) that would have kept it. :notworthy:

Thanks for the kind words. Some people have said that... keep it! I couldn't do that to her. Very nice lady. Made both of our weekends and hopefully my luck continues for more gold and keeper digs!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nominated for honorable mention.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah 3 rings in 3 days is pretty epic.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That class ring isn’t gold plated. Most likely 10k

Pa Neal

Oct 9, 2017
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ncie finds keep swinging

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THEY DID SAY GOLD IS IN THIS YEAR....

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That class ring isn’t gold plated. Most likely 10k

Wasn't sure. 10k is good. Working on finding the owner.

ncie finds keep swinging

Thanks! Addicted to dirt fishing! Cant seem to get enough. Finds like these just make me want to go even more.

THEY DID SAY GOLD IS IN THIS YEAR....

Amen to that brutha! Didn't think I would find any gold... bigger smile than when I find Silver.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginDoc

Aug 6, 2017
BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Tesoro Eldorado, Silver, F4, F1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s what I call a good weekend. :occasion14: Congratulations. Gold is long overdue for me.
Cheers
Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread