After work hunt at the obvious now, virgin park.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
After work today I went back out to the park. I had been using my stock coil on the first 4 hunts, and decided to switch to the 5x8 coil. The plan was to hunt the area where they had just removed a tennis court. The tennis court was where a baseball field was in 1939. Plus it was surrounded by mature tree's which are no longer there. A day late and a dollar short. DSCF1572.JPG
Great, not only fill, but full of cornstalks.

Change of plans. Now I only have the 5x8 coil with me, and I haven't had to worry much about target separation, because the coins have been popping out of the ground. And they did again today, and I basically went over the same area for the 3rd time. Larger coil would have found these too with no problem. DSCF1573.JPG 32 more clad, and only one '38 wheat this time. No silver, but I guess I can't complain. It's there I just have to find it. Also found that nice iron ring thing, what's left of a Matchbox refuse truck. (made in England?) And also a whatzit. Any help on that dial would be appreciated. DSCF1582.JPG DSCF1584.JPG

Back at it after work tomorrow to see if I can keep riding the wave!
Thanks for looking!

Current count: 117 clad, 8 wheats, and 3 silvers.

Last edited:
Upvote 11

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds...im not sure about the dial thang...possibly part of a volt meter, volt gauge for an older car? I'm sure someone will put a positive i.d. on it...congrats, Ddf.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice variety of finds on the ole site. Not sure on the dial. Good luck on your return! Hope you find both silver and gold on that site!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The window of opportunity on some construction sights is very short. Those guys don't mess around. Some times if the potential for good finds is there it's nice to be able to play "hookie" from work and pound a nice construction sight. Sometimes I have done all night raids on good construction sights when I know the gravel truck is on it's way! Cool finds. No idea what the scale meter thingy is? That little coil works great and you don't loose too much depth.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The guage is a Leece-Neville 2" Amp Gauge Vintage - Model 354, but I still haven't found what auto it was used in. Ford is mentioned in some articles.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The window of opportunity on some construction sights is very short. Those guys don't mess around. Some times if the potential for good finds is there it's nice to be able to play "hookie" from work and pound a nice construction sight. Sometimes I have done all night raids on good construction sights when I know the gravel truck is on it's way! Cool finds. No idea what the scale meter thingy is? That little coil works great and you don't loose too much depth.:icon_thumright:

That stuff was dumped in the park that I have been hunting. Found out this morning that there rebuilding another small park in that town, and that came from the park:hello2:. Thanks for bringing it over to me. I'll be checking the piles this afternoon.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread