Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back to the Colonial era parcel in the artist colony that is Woodstock for another stroll in the darkened forest of centurian deadfall trees and other strange and haunting oddities.

crawling & falling over the rotting wooden carcasses of the once proud towering timbers, I "stumbled" upon a cluster of wheat--- '19, '36, '40 AND---- 1909 NO STINKIN' "S"--- wit da VDB---- it is there---- just VERY weak :BangHead::sad11::sad11:

IMG_6696.JPG
IMG_6694.JPG
IMG_6695.JPG

the broken Sterling bracelet cried for salvation from the nightcrawlers--- so indapocket, a honkin' 12 grams of .925---- :dontknow: where the other piece is :BangHead:

IMG_6699.JPG
IMG_6700.JPG
IMG_6701.JPG

if a massive tree crashes to the forest floor--- does the bell ring in it's honor :dontknow:

IMG_6705.JPG
IMG_6706.JPG

the green is paint, not patina, 3" X 1"---- the 99 VDI forced the recovery :happysmiley:

gotta get this tested, not marked ???
IMG_6697.JPG IMG_6698.JPG

less than a buck in CRAD :sad11:

back for more------LOTSA acres to wander

Upvote 11
OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bracelet is a WWII "mother of service member" with Allied flags. missing a center oval, extender links & clasp.

today I was out of the woods with turty nine cents in CRAD :BangHead::BangHead:
BUT_____________________________

don't cry for me Argentina------

Wednesday is just hours away :laughing9::icon_biggrin:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bracelet just jogged my memory about a very similar one my Grandfather brought back from France in WWI. He ended up giving it to my mother, and I have no idea whatever happened to it, but remember the assembly pattern and the flags, and it was silver. Nice find!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the "09" VDB Wheatie. It will buy you a decent burger and fries. The bracelet and it's history is very cool plus it's silver. Love the huge target 99 VDI brass bell. Someday it will be that Morgan we are all looking for. Nice hunt and always enjoy the narration.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread