I Heart Old Stuff.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I was going to wade through some field corn but, decided to return to the scene of my 1876 Seated Dime score. I guess ya' can't blame me.;D I worked the general vicinity of the dime recovery and Got a few brass shrapnel scraps, an old iron "t" fastener thingy, a busted pocket knife, and what I believe is a part of an old newspaper press thingy as the words are in "reverse" order. Oh, I also dug the chewed up and crusty old Peter Shuttler Wagon Works token coin. Pretty happy with that find even in it's rough condition.

I decided to work out of the field and toward the river and dug an old ax head. Then I got what I think is a paint cap and just the rim of the tube. Looks like a symbol and a few letters are visible? Dug the old brass door jam thingy. I got a very faint signal sounding pretty deep. Dug down about 18 inches I reckon and got the round iron harness thingy. I was pretty impressed my "little" Nel Snake coil sucked that old relic up from the depths.

Someone in my last post mentioned it looked like I "was having fun". I'll tell ya', I am really digging the past few weeks hunting fields and now getting into a bit of woods. I love recovering old stuff. Value doesn't matter much to me. Just really cool to bring to the light things which have been hidden in the dirt for a long time. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 002.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 003.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 004.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 005.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 006.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 007.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 008.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 009.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 012.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 010.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 016.JPG Peter Shuttler Token Parker's Field 011.JPG

Upvote 25

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice old token! Is it aluminum? Anything with a date from the 1800's is a great find. Congrats!!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old token! Is it aluminum? Anything with a date from the 1800's is a great find. Congrats!!

The old Peter Schuttler token is I believe "pewter". It's a nasty chewed up and pitted looking thing but, I still love it. Ha ha! It has 1867 on the one side so I am thinking perhaps this might date the token. I have to do some research to figure it out. Token Catalog here I come!:hello:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never get tired of these incredible finds!!! Michael Franti has a good song with the lyrics "the more I see, the less I know" Beautiful find with the token!!! Kurious, glad you are digging history!

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I agree with you on the old finds. Thats what keeps me going. Dont get me wrong, I love finding things such as a modern gold ring, but what really gets me going is the stuff that comes out of the ground that you know has been there there for 100+ years.

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool token, Cool axe head, Cool ring thingy, Cool news press thingy. Upper right corner thingy, first thing that came to mind is maybe a step for a wagon or something else?

If there's a place a bobcat could come in handy, it looks like that's it! Alot of variety your pickin' dude. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool old token, it's just a matter of time-you dig enough holes and a stonker will be laying in the dirt.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet kevin !! Im surprised your not camping out there !! You got the field bug. Great work man keep it coming !!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have been happy with that token !!! Congrats !!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios, I can feel your passion...actually made me warm n fuzzy for a minute! I get it...I love that feeling I get when I'm on old ground and I get that faint, 10+ inch signal...I don't know what it is, but I know whatever pops out hasn't seen light of day for a LOOOOONG time. It's like opening a present on xmas day. Keep diggin my friend! Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions