Construction Park coughs up the goods...

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Hello fellow hunters,

Well I decided to take Msbeepbeep and Kurios' encouragement and got myself out to the park that is getting dozed under (even though it's a work night). Construction guys were already gone (don't know why they don't work at 10pm 🤔[emoji16]).

They'd dug out the pathways and what I think might be the playground area and Oh My! Was it nice have fewer junk targets as I swept those area. I started the good coins with a George V nickel. That popped out nicely.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508382639.045444.jpg
By the end of my night I had three silvers and a few other older coins. I didn't bother with pics of the silvers in the hole. The dirt was sticking and I didn't want to scratch them by trying to get dirt off for a pic. I think I'm go back tomorrow to get the rest of the path and then Friday, I'll go talk to them and hit the dirt piles.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508382968.072131.jpg

If the digging is done then I'll be in luck because that will mean the middle gets left behind.

HH
Dig

Upvote 13

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it when the city takes the caps off the vault. Go get it all!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got to like it when the construction is your helping friend. Congrats on the silvers and coppers, a well timed hunt.
I do recognize the green slime of the coppers from the city park digging.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Got to like it when the construction is your helping friend. Congrats on the silvers and coppers, a well timed hunt.
I do recognize the green slime of the coppers from the city park digging.

I've been looking in the Cleaning section for how to get rid of that oxidation without damaging the coins but I haven't found the thread yet. I need to figure it out for both the regular coppers as well as some bronze coins I've found at this park.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
I went back to this park last night. About half the path that I hadn't done has been dug another foot down into clay. I tried detecting the other half but didn't really find anything cool. Seemed to me that all of the signals were really jumpy. Maybe because the ground is getting compacted and dry? Don't know if that makes a difference... 🤔

Tried hitting the dirt piles but they've now piled the dug clay over all the initial layer so I wasn't getting any signals there. Oh well. It was time for a change of scenery anyway. I think now I'll wait until they are done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions