stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 3 bullets.
IMG_20171019_113957.jpg
This is my second hunting, 1-1:30h.
Ground balance is be about 80.
I am a little confused, i am almost constanly get signals like 30-35, should i dig this?
So i put iron on 34, and reduce it. What do ou think about this?
Land is: (click for bigger image):
IMG_20171019_110202.jpg
IMG_20171019_110206.jpg
IMG_20171019_110208.jpg

Upvote 5

lurk

Oct 28, 2015
Midwest
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD SE, Pro Pointer AT, Nel Sharpshooter coil, formerly ATPro & ATGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read through some of your posts, I see you are in Montenegro. I am very excited for your future Greek and Roman finds. If you are having trouble understanding all of the instructions in English the best thing that you can do is lay out good targets like coins and trash targets like nails bottle caps and pull tabs out on your driveway or yard and see how your detector reacts to them. Unfortunately teaching yourself might be what you have to do. On the bright side your area is loaded with way older stuff than I could ever dream of finding where I am and I wish you the best of luck.

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you my friend.
Probably, i today hunting again, and report later.
Thank you so much all for help!

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go For it Stefs, do everything you can think of to learn your machine, I'm going to lay out a garden of silver, Gold, Nuggets, Iron around targets, over, under and side ways, then, Under water the same sets of targets, Never quit.
I too will be watching to see the finds you make, you sure live in a great area, all the Best.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you my friend.
Probably, i today hunting again, and report later.
Thank you so much all for help!

Watch all 3 parts. Part 1, 2 and 3. It will help you a lot. Do not get discouraged and keep swinging I have a good feeling you’re going to be a great detectorist. I see you’re from Montenegro the closest I’ve been to you is Macedonia in Ohrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today hunting:about 2 hours. I find a lot of iron, bullet(50 signal), and something what give me 80 constance signal.
IMG_20171024_123507.jpg
Last night the rain dropped, and the detector was not as stable as before in this ground, which options do you recommend?
I have a couple of holes, where detectorgives me signal about 50, but when i dig i dont find anything.
Also, when i use pinpoint on this detector, i dig where is center, but second time he gives me to dig next to this hole, and next time to next hole.
And finally i get the think when you see in image here.
i try to change ground balance, but, i dont find good this time.
Here you see my land after rain.
IMG_20171024_113900.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today reporting.
I hunt in the saltwater beach, in this beach we have a rocks usually 5 or 6 cm.
IMG_20171025_134204.jpg
First, automatic ground balanceis be about 70, i put this to 28, threshold -2. And, now is work better. I forgive to put sensitivity down.
I see , when i about 2 inch from target, he tell me the coin depth is 8 or 10. Can anyone tell me why? Is it coin depth the distance from detector to target?
I get a good signal, 80 with clear sound, i dig a big hole, and i have 6,8 coin depth, i get 80,79.70 signal, tone is be still great, but a little less clear.
But i lose nerve and give up. What do you think, what is this can be?
IMG_20171025_134155.jpg

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i try on this beach:, about 45m-1h
I get a lot of signals, but where i dig, this show me place close that, i dig this, nothing there and signal is lost, help?
Threshold-3, g. balance 0-12, sensitivity 2 from maximum.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
but if i in coin mode, do i get rings and other jewerly?

Set your discrimination to 35, and run in pro zero. Then you will be able to get coins,ring, and jewelry. If you want to go for just coins, put it on pro coin. The problem with pro coin, is you may miss nickels.

If you have been following Truth1253, he is killing nickels with the mid-tones. I would suggest sending him a PM. He seems to be doing pretty good. Maybe he could give you some tips. Good Luck!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Set your discrimination to 35, and run in pro zero. Then you will be able to get coins,ring, and jewelry. If you want to go for just coins, put it on pro coin. The problem with pro coin, is you may miss nickels.

If you have been following Truth1253, he is killing nickels with the mid-tones. I would suggest sending him a PM. He seems to be doing pretty good. Maybe he could give you some tips. Good Luck!

Me again:laughing7: I just got to thinking of the pro coin and missing nickels. First I'm using the AT pro, and you have the Max, which is doing good on the nickels. So I decided to lay out all the coins that I found at a park that I've been hitting the last several weeks. I wanted to see how many nickels I found. There's 10 nickels there, so it doesn't miss them all, and they all rang a solid 53, but it's a lot less then the quarter's, dimes and nickels. Maybe people don't carry nickels as much, or I missed some:dontknow: I ran the AT in pro coin the whole time because I knew nobody had been there before me. Wanted to clean up the easy coinage first. Sometime's it's good just to concentrate on coins, then gold, then whatever.

If the AT pro is somewhat close to the Max, maybe this will help.:icon_thumright: DSCF1642.JPG

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, thank you my friends!
Today i be in beach called Sutomore. Results: horrible, terrible,...
My biggest problem is, to locate where exacly i need to dig. Often times i dig a hole, and see later i should dig next to my hole. Help?
Also, i find, often, i dig a lot of holes, i get stron 75 signal, but i dont get nothing. After i dig, i dont have signal, why is it happen?
I be 2 meters from water, g. balance is be 20-50. When i put lower of 20, he is contantly buzzing. Sensitivity 2 from max, and threshold -3.
Sutomore beach:
photo0jpg.jpg

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I do is when I get a signal I use my pinpoint and go side to side. Once I get where it is I slide the coil down where it is, when is start to get one bar weak that means it’s at the center tip of your coil. I think you’re having a ground balancing issue. Are you lowering your sense of 70 all the way down and finding a spot where you don’t hear anything and pumping ( going up and down ) the machine when you ground balance?

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, after i put sensitivity 3 from max it seems stable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20171031_125353.jpg
Today find: bullet. About 1-1:30h
I get a lot clear sound, 80 freq, but this be cans.I usually expect silver on 80 freq, but this is confused.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1510945
Today find: bullet. About 1-1:30h
I get a lot clear sound, 80 freq, but this be cans.I usually expect silver on 80 freq, but this is confused.

In my soil 3 ringers hit in high 60’s. Congratulations on that 4 ringer! Took me three years to find one and I just happen to weeks ago.

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before ringers is be 50, this ringer is 70. Sound is similar.
But, how can can be more frequency than ringer and coin? And sound more clear?

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get signal:15,60,75,95 (number is similar, not 100% exacly this), depth 8,10.
Should i dig this hole?
1m from this i find a coin, after upload picture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i find a 3 coins, i hhave 3 questions. I put image later.
How to clean something what i find? I use brush teeth and water, is this good method?
Can i check battery on headphones?
Battery indicator on my AT MAX put to 1 level, do i need to change it now, or i can hunt for a some of time?

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today i go to sand beach.
AT MAX report me 80-92 vdi, 10depth.
And i start to dig, i dig a hole on my knee size, and i get 6 inch depth, i get frustrated and go off. Should i try again to this hole?
Sound is this, without headphones.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1hOKRONPzvW

bmcopeland

Feb 19, 2017
Madison Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good target. I noticed mine being off by 3 to 4 inches on the sand beach or not zeroing in on it to well. I would often find mine a few inches off to the side. And again it may just be the lack of use I have had with the max

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommorow i probably hunt again, can i pair headphones with phone? And can i check battery status and how?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread