Tried my CTX 3030 on the new site--45 min = 6 Keepers-PICS-Video

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I was having abit of trouble with an electric Fence on this new site I found..I hit the place 2 days with the Deus with great results..I decided to try the Multi-Freq abilities of my CTX 3030 ..I knew it would have no trouble with the fence..I also made a video ( no wind today- thank you Relic God!)The video is the entire Hunt ,swingin n Diggin..For your enjoyment I didn't speak much..:laughing7: The coin sized Item I thought was a thin copper turned out to be a Button with no shank.

Attachments

• 136_0356.JPG
    136_0356.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 136_0367.JPG
    136_0367.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 136_0359.JPG
    136_0359.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 60
  • 136_0364.JPG
    136_0364.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 136_0369.JPG
    136_0369.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 14

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing. How are you liking the CTX? Does it have a steep learning curve?

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I had the ctx for about 3 years or so(whenever they released) Its a great machine,Ive used minelabs since the explorer days so the learning curve was small.You can pick the machine up and go for the most part.The are really good on coins,round objects n silver.Its abit to heavy for me so I grab the Nokta or deus most times..The FBS has no issues with electric fences.If u watch my previous 2 videos I used the deus with good results also,but alot of chatter from interference..

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice hunt.
I hunt with the CTX and my buddy uses a Deus, and when ever he gets near me, the CTX interferes with his machine.
When I get board, I follow him around. LOL!

HH, RN

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the ctx for about 3 years or so(whenever they released) Its a great machine,Ive used minelabs since the explorer days so the learning curve was small.You can pick the machine up and go for the most part.The are really good on coins,round objects n silver.Its abit to heavy for me so I grab the Nokta or deus most times..The FBS has no issues with electric fences.If u watch my previous 2 videos I used the deus with good results also,but alot of chatter from interference..

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the CTX. I’m on the fence now with the upcoming Equinox. 800
How long can you swing it for without getting tired. I know they make a harness that many users say helps with fatigue?

Again thank for taking the time to respond

Cheers :occasion14: from The Great Pacific Northwest.

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
That's a nice hunt.
I hunt with the CTX and my buddy uses a Deus, and when ever he gets near me, the CTX interferes with his machine.
When I get board, I follow him around. LOL!

HH, RN
Now thats Funny! :laughing7:

OP
OP
N

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the CTX. I’m on the fence now with the upcoming Equinox. 800
How long can you swing it for without getting tired. I know they make a harness that many users say helps with fatigue?

Again thank for taking the time to respond

Cheers :occasion14: from The Great Pacific Northwest.
I have the Minelab harness..For me personally I find the harness a pain everytime I need to work a hole on my knees having to unhook the detector from the harness..I feel kind of restricted..Many people have no issues and love the harness.For sure it takes the weight off.>I can swing the ctx without a harness for maybe 2 to 3 hrs before my neck and right side start to scream for a break..I Actually bring 3 machines every hunt now..The xp Deus,The nokta fors core ,and the Ctx 3030.The deus and ctx complement each other perfectly as u may have seen in the last 3 hunts on that site..The fors core I keep the 5 inch coil on and if I run into heavy iron,alot of trash i bust that out..Now having 3 machines is not for everyone ,and im not saying its necessary ..But It works for me...Now that new minelab I know very little about but im very curious.Its light ,water proof ,and Im hearing its deus fast,or close.It sounds and looks like a good Unit..Once a few more are out there being used and I can get honest input from all the folks here on the forums I will decide if I need one.Im hoping alot of folks post videos so we can get more input on the performance in a variety of locations'situations..Weight is def a large factor for me as I grow old..I like to swing a full day and be able to move the next..Hope I didnt over explain or give any incorrect info.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread