Had a GREAT day at the Park plus BONUS!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys great day for me. Stay up all night doing work I’m a loan officer who works from home (perfect job for a detectorist and a insomniac) so I left my house at 5am knowing that sunrise wasn’t till 653 with an hour drive but with the Max I have a light I thought I’d try it out, plus I can’t sit still at home and the wife’s a late sleeper, so I’m off. I looked up some old photos of City Park and I saw where there were people taking photos at this particular spot by a tree. I recognize the spot but not the tree the tree wasn’t there anymore due to the hurricane in the late 50s. So I went to that spot and notice the indention and started swinging. It yielded me some green Wheats a 1915 D, a 1917 S, a 1919 and a 1919 S and 1 unidentifiable and a 1904 V nickel!! By now it a hour to get home and I’m exhausted so off I’m dreaming about getting in my bed when I thought of your mind as well go check out that spot that I found my barber dime and that nickel spill. Exhaustion lost and curiosity (greed) won. I found a INDIAN SPILL!!! A foot away from where I found the Barber dime I found 2 Indians!! Unbelievable I’ve only found two other Indians and that was 2 years ago. It was worse than my silver drought. I DID IT!!!! Thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to gloat and now I must go to bed with happy thoughts Thank you! What a day I was blessed.

Oh I almost forgot I found some teeth lol IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1258.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1263.JPG IMG_1264.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 31
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! Lots of goodies there. You must start asking for permissions though. People will surprise you with how receptive they are. My best luck comes from wealthier property owners surprisingly.

I know I always had a rejection problem. lol

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day at the park!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and nice silver dollar ring!
Two things, First, I one time dug up some dentures, scared the hell out of me, Second, did not notice your ring at first, I really like it, Hmmm.....wonder if my wife would...........

Louisiana Ken

Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice bunch of oldies! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those look like they are a bottom plate, so they are upside down. LOL. Great finds!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two things, First, I one time dug up some dentures, scared the hell out of me, Second, did not notice your ring at first, I really like it, Hmmm.....wonder if my wife would...........

My wife’s work wedding ring is the inside of the same coin. IMG_1281.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread