Added a Few to the Wheat Tally

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all,

Just a short hunt today. Got out for about an hour at some sidewalk strips a block from my house. Found 4 wheats during that time (19-D, 26, 39-S x2).

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508711682.291194.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508711697.889329.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508711709.973635.jpg

After I finished about 80% of the strip the older woman who lived in the house came out, asked what I was doing, and asked me to leave. I was totally pleasant explaining I hadn't touched her property, only the public sidewalk strips, but I complied. I'd just rather be considerate even if I wasn't doing anything wrong.

The weird thing is that an hour before I knocked on the door of the house to introduce myself if someone was home and ask permission. I get the feeling she just didn't want to answer the door but then once she saw me was out there in a flash. Oh well, can't keep everyone in the world happy all the time.

Happy hunting folks!
-Washingtonian

Upvote 10

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THEM DANG LINCOLNS GOT THERE HEADS SHOWING EVERYWHERE.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the sidewalk treasure. Sorry the nosey busybody decided to mess with your Mojo. That's why I rarely hit sidewalks even though I KNOW they are one of the highest likely concentrations of old keeper coins available for us hunters. Even knocking on the door and she probably was cowering in fear the "evil" metal detector was just feet away!:o I am not sure what has happened to this country and it's people but, we never used to be this way. Probably watch to much TV.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread