My School yard finds..

pinkysbliss

Aug 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I went to my daughters last school which is not far from my house. I'm not sure how long it has been there, but long enough to have many many many nails and trash left under new applications of bark dust and soil. Was kind of surprised to find so many nails and such in a school play area.
Found allot of Penny's ranging from the 1952 D wheat penny to 2006. A quarter, Old drill bit and screw driver head. Lots of nails, bolts, screw,washers stuff like that. Had just hit the edge of the field when my oldest daughter started whining about wanting to go home (13 year old girls blah!).
Also found a metal thing with letters and number you can see it in the photo, anyone know what it is?
And a rust colored slightly magnetic rock that the detector picked up on. Its very light and has some sparkly black spots to it..husband thinks Iron ore???
Good news is I found to drug related items there like I did at the little play ground down the street. Which is now off limits to my girls..
I will so be going back to the school tomorrow, lots of dings and pings to dig up still, and leaving the kids at home. ;D

Thanks
"TR"
Sorry bout the dirty hands just got back... ;D

Attachments

• back of 1st wheat penny.jpg
    back of 1st wheat penny.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 291
  • WHeat penny 1st.jpg
    WHeat penny 1st.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 289
  • ChangeAugust2007.jpg
    ChangeAugust2007.jpg