Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: CIVIL WAR HUT SITE w/buttons, glass, 249 BULLET DAY and more!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Very interesting.

I note no-one has made a stab at explaining it yet? Buried barrel with usable bullets. Why?
    Davers likes this.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

us
    Apr 2013
    North Carolina
    XP Deus, ATpro
    458 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    That's was a great day... bullets and more bullets... nice.

us
    Dec 2006
    Colonial Virginia
    XP Deus Teknetics T2
    1277 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Can't be a lone hut......

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Minelab X-Terra70/White's 5900 Di Pro SL/Garrett ACE 250/Fisher M-Scope 1280-X/B.H. Pioneer 505
    290 times
    That's incredible!!!

Jun 2013
    198 times
    I vote banner as well! What a great arrangement of the bullets in a circle, I love that picture!

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + .
    3183 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER View Post
    Very interesting.

I note no-one has made a stab at explaining it yet? Buried barrel with usable bullets. Why?
    Got to love those 'US' sites as they were very wasteful.
    or
    To much to haul & hidden so the Confederates could not use them
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + .
    3183 times

Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Got to love those 'US' sites as they were very wasteful.
    or
    To much to haul & hidden so the Confederates could not use them

Guess we will never know.
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    3183 times

Super Dig.

Parsonwalker
    Your a blessed Man to find a hut site but a Good One.

Already Banner Voted.

Your post got me 'shaking' Think Ill go on a hunt today.

Man! I Can say so much more but Just an amazing dig.

Yr gonna need a Sturdy Big Display case.

Other than your original 10 , were all the Minnie's the same type?
    Glass & buttons to boot.

Glad for you Man.
    Davers
    relic nut likes this.

Davers

us
    Bill

Jan 2015
    North Carolina
    XP Deus, MI-6, Ace 350
    303 times
    Metal detecting, artifact hunting, some prospecting, ect
    Cool finds. I just voted banner. Good job.
    How is it the nfl won't let the players honor911 victims but will allow the flag to be treated like toilet paper?

I know you had fun with that one. Quite an assortment of period artifacts, and the quantity of lead from that one spot is staggering. Nice going man!
    I’ve mentioned before that my new book can be a great holiday gift idea for a family member or friend, and I’ve noticed recently that many are purchasing a copy for that very purpose. However, time is running short, so anyone interested in taking advantage of this opportunity should do so in the next week to ensure delivery prior to Christmas. Ordering your copy is as simple as clicking on the PayPal link at the bottom and sending $59 + $5 shipping. If you’d like your copy to be personalized by the author, or just signed, please indicate so in the PayPal notes section. Anyone not familiar with this comprehensive publication can check out the info provided below for a detailed description of its contents plus comments from buyers. Thanks for your support.

Many of you were aware that I've been working on a major book project for close to 3 years, and now it's finally been published. This book, entitled “DISCOVERING VIRGINIA’S COLONIAL ARTIFACTS — AComprehensive Guide to Recovery, Identification and Preservation”, is 400 pagesin length and packed with nearly 1000 color photos of 16th thru 18th centuryartifacts I’ve personally recovered over the last 20+ years along with manyquality post-colonial finds that randomly turn up at early sites. I alsobelieve it’s the first of its kind in this subject matter area to hit themarket. But don’t be misled by the title as this is a must-have not only forcolonial enthusiasts, but for all novice and veteran relic hunters as well as itcovers a wide range of pertinent topics including research methods, how tosecure permission, reading and searching sites, finding and excavating trashpits, artifact cleaning, preservation, documentation and display, ethics, andmuch more. It basically doubles as both a “how-to” manual as well as a colonialartifact “encyclopedia” covering all major categories to help more preciselyidentify and date your finds. It also contains 40 sidebars scattered throughoutthe book that expand on various topics of interest plus a listing of “SuggestedResources” at the end of most chapters that identifies other publications,websites, technical papers, etc, for additional reading if desired. The bookalso includes 9 appendices to provide supplemental material. It’s alsoprinted in all color on high quality, glossy stock and is contained within aheavy and attractive hardcover.
    If you're interested in ordering a copy you can click on the PayPal link below. It's cost is $59 + $5 for shipping within the continental US. If you’d like to check out some sample pages from the book, as well as scan the Table of Contents to get a better feel for what the book is about, you can click on the following link: http://colonialartifacts.com/2017/10/book-description/
    Thanks for looking ....

ttps://www.paypal.me/ColonialArtifacts

Jan 2016
    SC
    Minelab Safari
    1100 times
    This is a banner find! Awesome finds....Congrats!
    2017 Best Finds

1774 Spanish 2 Reale (Lima, Peru)
    1835 Partial Charleston Slave (Servant) Tag
    1832-1836 Militia Eagle Belt Plate
    1795 Flowing Hair Half Dime (Contemporary Counterfeit)
    1803-1813 Navy Eagle Button
    1840-1850's Charleston Police two piece cuff button
    1853 Seated Half Dime
    Connecticut State Cuff button (P Mendez Cuban made back)
    2 Confederate SC Buttons
    Union Infantry Button
    CW General Service Button
    Indian War GS Button
    Spanish American War era Marine button

us
    Feb 2013
    Virginia
    Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s) Metrotech (In the 70s) Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
    2003 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Parsonwalker
    Your a blessed Man to find a hut site but a Good One.

Already Banner Voted.

Your post got me 'shaking' Think Ill go on a hunt today.

Man! I Can say so much more but Just an amazing dig.

Yr gonna need a Sturdy Big Display case.

Other than your original 10 , were all the Minnie's the same type?
    Glass & buttons to boot.

Glad for you Man.
    Davers
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. As always, what I MOST appreciate, is that you enjoyed the thrill of this discovery as much as I did. Yes, it was incredible. No, it can't be a lone hut. I hope someday to locate its neighbor. Thank you for the clear glass ID. I had never heard of a fruit or food jar. DAVERS- 238 of the bullets were identical. The last one was too, but it had been pulled. I'm just so thankful I got to do this! Cannonball Guy - thank you for the PM . . . Good luck everybody!

us
    @chasing_history_sd

Jun 2016
    San Diego California
    Whites Treasure Pro
    390 times
    Relic Hunting
    That’s purely amazing! Congrats!
    Metal detecting is 99 percent location and 1 percent luck.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    12217 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Incredible,,
    Congratulations on the Banner Worthy Hunt.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    3183 times
    Parsonwalker.
    Thanks for answering my inquiry.

That single pulled round tell's a story by itself.

Hope to see that 'group' shot up top soon.

Davers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links