🥇 BANNER 1925 GOLD $2.5 coin!!!! Still in shock!!!!

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all. Haven't posted in a while due to my new job I got a few months ago. I've been out for a few quickies over the last month or so, but haven't found too much. A good amount of silver I guess, but nothing compares to what happened to me today!

So I got an invite from a friend of a friend to come hunt his house in an older part of the city! I quickly jumped on the opportunity because I am NOT a door-knocker, so I don't get to hunt very many private property yards. I got out there today at about 9am and started swinging. Right away I started finding modern clad and not very many deep targets. After an hour, I finally got my first good target: 1940-s quarter. First silver quarter in a while!!!

About when I was starting to think about leaving, I noticed someone coming up to approach me. Another neighbor had seen me detecting and came over to ask me if I'd like to detect his yard...."well, yeah!!" I said. Can't pass up some more 1920's ground!

About 15 minutes into swinging, I got a solid 61 signal on my gold-bug pro. Typically, I don't dig most 60s signals because 99.9% of the time, it's a pull tab!! However, this 61 sounded a lot different! I could tell it wasn't a pulltab, and I know I've found 2 gold rings that were both 60-61 signals. So I was hoping for an old lost gold ring....boy was I wrong! Not even 2 inches below the surface, with my first scoop with the lesche, I see a dime-sized gold colored coin...my heart starts to pound. I think, "no way is this a gold coin! No way". Yes, it indeed was, and she's a beauty! There's some small scratches on it, but other than that, it looks so amazing!!! I'm still in shock from what I pulled from the ground. Of course, I have always wanted to find a gold coin of ANY style, (as does any detectorist). But I guess I just never thought I'd see the day. Just goes to show: you NEVER know when your best find will pop up outta the ground. Just have to swing that coil over it and decide to dig it!

Happy hunting everyone, and good luck!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510526783.262319.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510526806.976489.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510526831.050599.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510526854.029025.jpg

Upvote 157

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the gold coin, a real beauty. Sometimes one never knows what's going to turn up in the dirt.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! That's a SWEET coin in great condition. And the qtr is a nice find too. Great job and congrats!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all. Yeah you never know! I've found some awesome things in the few years I've detected. I LOVE this hobby! So stoked for finding an old US gold coin! Bucklister FOR SURE!!!!!

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find did you show it to the home owner ?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the killer find! :notworthy:

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet coin . Unless I got a signed paper agreement I would not show the home owner . Next thing you know , They will want it . You may never find another .

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find. Wow, I’d pass out from excitement

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What sweet and beautiful coin!. CONGRATULATIONS!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Very Cool! Huge Congrats! Banner!

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the sweetheart find!!

OP
OP
sgtled3533

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet coin . Unless I got a signed paper agreement I would not show the home owner . Next thing you know , They will want it . You may never find another .

I did NOT show the homeowner. Luckily, he wasn't watching me while I was detecting and when I found the coin, I quickly put it away just like I do pulltabs and anything else I find. That's why there isn't a full series of action-pictures. My thought is this: what he doesn't know can't hurt him. Now, if this was a case full of gold bars, we'd be talking a different story! It's a small gold coin worth maybe $300 max! Wouldn't be a life-changing item for him. Definitely was for me though!! So stoked ;)

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome find, congrats

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Indian series gold coins are incredibly beautiful. At the top of my wish list since forever. Huge congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread