Everything in picture found in full discrimination mode

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Had a bit of a surprise today while working a big game hunting camp site. The dog tag from Arkansas first. Thats 2500 miles from here! The coins are my normal diggings. So are the .45 auto cartridges and the muzzle loader slug. Then a coin signal and I dug down a couple a inches and the rear part of the knife handle appeared. The knife was buried upright like it had been stabbed in the ground. I'll soak it a while and see if I can find the brand. Looks like wood on the handle sides. Oh well Hunting knife, hunting camp maybe it's not so unusual. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• hunting knife.jpg
    hunting knife.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 834
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
When you say full dicrimination, I take it to accept only things in the coin range, excluding nickels. It's amazing what will hit in that range. I've had some pull tabs hit in there, very few though. Nice finds, especially the knife.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o Nice finds, now get out there and get some GOLD in that pan! HH

Desertfox

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool blade clean its a user..... ;)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
dunn1866 said:
I know what you mean......

you would think... when you are in full discrimination mode you would only find gold and silver.Nice knife.

OP
OP
silverswede

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Mickk: The tags with the "K" on them are on a zipper pull from either a sleeping bag or a reversable coat A is Academy Broadway. Also I noticed on the pic that there were 6 clad quarters there when I got home. (wife collects all quarters) guess the knife did'nt scare her.About the Garret gold pan. It has become a real staple for this kind of hunting as it also has a liner pan that has plastic 1/2 inch mesh in the bottom. On getting a signal I take out a full shovel of dirt, drop in the mesh pan and check the pan for signal, if there I sift the dirt back into the hole and retrieve the find from the pan. Replace the sod if any. This has kept me out of trouble as I am usually on Forest Service or State controlled land. Thanks for the nice comments, you all. Dunn: Full discrimination on my minelab also allows Lead, brass,copper,pewter,zinc, melted aluminum. some aluminum cans and a few other alloys. I suspect the butt plate on that knife to be brass.

Attachments

• 000_1567.JPG
    000_1567.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 436
  • zipper pull.jpg
    zipper pull.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 000_1567.JPG
    000_1567.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 431

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so thats where my digging knife went to lol , nice finds ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread