Jan 18, 2016
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta IMPACT Pro
Garrett AT Pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one my fav. Old parks today dates back pre WWII. Right off the bat I hit solid signal 88-89. At 14hkz VLX2 gain90. 0disc. Was about 7-8 inches deep. I dug my hole I pulled this nice ring out. I see that it's plated and has what I think 925 and some other markings inner ring. Need to clean it up when I get home. Will see... 20171115_142110.jpg 20171115_142328.jpg

Upvote 6

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A plated sterling ring is still a nice one, congrats. Doubtful that a manufacturer would put real diamonds in a plated ring, but always have them tested to be sure. NOTHING beats the thrill of pulling rings out o' the ground, IMHO....Sub 8-)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice deep ring score Jerkie. I concur with Sub that a plated silver ring would most likely not have real diamonds. Always get them checked if your curiosity says to. Also nice touch giving us your Impact settings for those running that relatively new machine. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerkie

Jerkie

Jan 18, 2016
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta IMPACT Pro
Garrett AT Pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well cleaned it up a bit. What I see is 925 HMT I think. Sure is a great feeling when you dig up metal and stone together. 😎Thanks everyone for the responses

20171115_190423.jpg 20171115_190503.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have them checked if you have the chance - you never know
for years people have said you never get real diamonds in silver - WRONG
ive gotten 3 with real stones and I have a friend whose grandmother had all her diamonds in gold - put into silver
and a guys whose mother has all her diamonds set in silver also
if you use a loupe and see cracks, scratches or chips - then glass or cz but if they look clean - get them checked

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always a nice surprise to see some bling in the dirt. Congrats
Never say never when it comes to jewelry combinations.

OP
OP
Jerkie

Jerkie

Jan 18, 2016
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta IMPACT Pro
Garrett AT Pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have them checked if you have the chance - you never know
for years people have said you never get real diamonds in silver - WRONG
ive gotten 3 with real stones and I have a friend whose grandmother had all her diamonds in gold - put into silver
and a guys whose mother has all her diamonds set in silver also
if you use a loupe and see cracks, scratches or chips - then glass or cz but if they look clean - get them checked
I'm definitely going to them checked. My gut is telling me to. These stones really do catch the sunlight and are very prismatic. I know CZ come in good quality also. As far as the markings. I did find a jeweler with similar mark. Looks like he was in business in the 60s. Anyways thanks for the advice.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I occasionally make custom jewelry and had a shop in the late 70s-early 80s. Once a woman came in and asked me to remove some diamonds from her gold rings and earrings and re-set them in sterling since she said she had come to like the warmer look of sterling to the more garish look of white gold. These were very high grade diamonds, she was a wealthy woman. Naturally I accommodated her, but I agree that in general diamonds are not usually set in silver. Easy enough to take them to a jeweler or pawn shop to have them tested.

OP
OP
Jerkie

Jerkie

Jan 18, 2016
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta IMPACT Pro
Garrett AT Pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I occasionally make custom jewelry and had a shop in the late 70s-early 80s. Once a woman came in and asked me to remove some diamonds from her gold rings and earrings and re-set them in sterling since she said she had come to like the warmer look of sterling to the more garish look of white gold. These were very high grade diamonds, she was a wealthy woman. Naturally I accommodated her, but I agree that in general diamonds are not usually set in silver. Easy enough to take them to a jeweler or pawn shop to have them tested.
Thanks for the info. There is a pawn shop down the road. Will swing on by.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring!

For sure check them, i have found a 925 ring that has small diamonds in it.
I don't like waiting to find out, so i got a diamond tester, and a gold test kit. So i can do the happy dance at home....i get strange looks out in public, they all pull out their phones and i'm not sure if its to take pics of the crazy person or to call 911.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Jerkie

Jerkie

Jan 18, 2016
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta IMPACT Pro
Garrett AT Pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring!

For sure check them, i have found a 925 ring that has small diamonds in it.
I don't like waiting to find out, so i got a diamond tester, and a gold test kit. So i can do the happy dance at home....i get strange looks out in public, they all pull out their phones and i'm not sure if its to take pics of the crazy person or to call 911.

Great Idea think I will find a diamond tester and gold test kit. THanks

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta be real careful with diamond testers. There are many out there that will get fooled by some modern diamond substitutes. They are like metal detectors or anything else, the expensive ones work best and cost hundreds of dollars. Usually easier and more cost effective to take item to a pro who has the latest greatest tester.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine has a reading for one of the diamond substitutes, it starts with M. But with all the new and improved fakes, its a warning well worth taking. If....key word "if" i ever dig up the "big one" (and survive!) i will take it to the pros to analyze for sure.
...and that will be one heck of a happy dance! Not graceful, but...memorable for sure! [emoji15]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread