Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 100
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: Prehistoric Copper Culture spear/harpoon head found in Quebec.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    I believe I might have found an exact match.
    Ref. Copper culture homestead.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171117-180847.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	1517117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171115_095817.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	1517118
    Z.K. and Reed Lukens like this.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  2. #32
    ca
    Feb 2017
    XP DEUS X terra 705 Fisher F2
    2,141
    2110 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    I believe I might have found an exact match.
    Ref. Copper culture homestead.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171117-180847.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	1517117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171115_095817.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	1517118
    Watch a perfect match.That is too cool.
    Aureus likes this.
    To Dig or not to Dig

  3. #33

    Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400 CTX 17 DD 6 & 10X5 DD Coiltek. GPZ 14 & 19 Coil JW 8X 5 & 16 coils
    3,482
    5718 times
    Breath taking banner find of a life time.

    That item alone is worth writing a paper about.

    Great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

  4. #34
    Charter Member
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    10,392
    18211 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Anton,
    Looks like youve got a match.

    Regards + HH

    Bill
    Aureus likes this.

  5. #35
    Charter Member
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    10,392
    18211 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Oddjob,

    Glad to see youre still kicking around and hope retirement is treating you well.

    Regards + HH

    Bill





    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Breath taking banner find of a life time.

    That item alone is worth writing a paper about.

    Great job.
    Oddjob likes this.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by HCW View Post
    Why isn't this on the BANNER?
    Has to be the most interesting find Iv'e seen found on this side of the Pond.
    Thanks, I'm super excited about this find. Will be hard to beat age wise, but i'll try
    I'm not sure how the banners work so I prefer not to expect any.
    Oddjob likes this.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    nice save amazingly good shape could be in a museum

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app
    Thank you.
    A2coins likes this.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Breath taking banner find of a life time.

    That item alone is worth writing a paper about.

    Great job.

    Thank you.
    Oddjob likes this.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  9. #39
    au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    4,016
    641 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi Great find , If you didnot keep soil off your relic , you need to go back to where found it and collect a soil sample from undisturbed ground from the inside of your dug hole . Luminescence testing of the soil sample date the exact time when this relic was last exposed to sun light . This best advice anyone can give you Tinpan
    bill from lachine and Aureus like this.

  10. #40
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    6,035
    4876 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Congratulations on such an awesome find Aureus. Banner worthy all the way.
    Aureus likes this.


    We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    Anton,
    Looks like youve got a match.

    Regards + HH

    Bill
    Yes, I believe so.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by tinpan View Post
    Hi Great find , If you didnot keep soil off your relic , you need to go back to where found it and collect a soil sample from undisturbed ground from the inside of your dug hole . Luminescence testing of the soil sample date the exact time when this relic was last exposed to sun light . This best advice anyone can give you Tinpan
    Thank you for the advice.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Congratulations on such an awesome find Aureus. Banner worthy all the way.
    Thank you.
    Da Deus Fortunae

  14. #44
    Charter Member
    us
    Detect smarter, not harder.

    Mar 2014
    17th century
    Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
    8,727
    12367 times
    FOUNDING MEMBER: Basstards of Bramble
    Banner Finds (5)
    Winner winner Poutin dinner! That example is a survivor and worthy of a days’ worth of daydreams - who held it? What animal did it get stuck into? Very cool find Anton.


    "Take the detecta-drama elsewhere - I'm just here to dig!"


    Running totals:

    Hammered Silvers - 2
    Hammered Coppers - 1
    Milled Spanish Silver - 14
    Transitional US State Coppers - 9
    United States Cent/Half cent Coppers - 131
    British & Other colonial Coppers - 107
    Slick coppers - too painful to talk about
    Silver Coins - We’ll over a 1000

    Favourite Finds:
    1665 1-reale Spanish Cob
    Revolutionary War stirrup
    1812 2nd Regiment Artillarists pewter button
    1695 Willam 3rd Halfpenny in excellent condition
    G.W. Inagural Buttons - 6 Point Estoile cuff variety
    Love token etched on 1859 seated Dime
    1831 Louis Phillippe 1st - 5 Franc
    1783 Nova Constelatio, Crosby-3C &. Crosby-1B
    1749 Regal King George II Farthing
    1776 Counter King George iii





    If it ain't at least seated, it aint Sh*t

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    Winner winner Poutin dinner! That example is a survivor and worthy of a days’ worth of daydreams - who held it? What animal did it get stuck into? Very cool find Anton.
    Thanks Steve. Really happy with this find. Hard to imagine that the last time a human held it in his hands was around the time or well before the Great Pyramid of Giza was built.
    Last edited by Aureus; Nov 19, 2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Oddjob likes this.
    Da Deus Fortunae

 

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Socketed Copper Culture Spear Head
    By WawaDuane in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2017, 08:06 PM
  2. Old Copper Culture Spear Point
    By MICHIGANJAY in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: May 09, 2017, 08:40 PM
  3. Copper Culture artifact, pennies and head stamps.
    By mglentz4125 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2017, 06:14 AM
  4. Copper Culture Socketed Spear Head
    By WawaDuane in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2014, 10:17 PM
  5. [SOLD] Copper Culture Rat Tail Spear Point.
    By BadAdze in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2013, 12:38 AM

Search tags for this page

copper culture

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0