Civil War On A School Soccer Field? Sterling Ring, KIddie Bling, Other Cool Things!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sundays are Sub's "Fun Days!" I went to some local schoolyards, which I have hit before but always continue to produce. The ULTIMATE SURPRISE of the day has to be this Union Army Cavalry button found on a school soccer field. It rang up a 75 VDI (Lincoln cent) at 4-6" deep on the ATPro. There is still gilt in the crevices of the button! This is why I dig Lincoln cents...
Cavalry1.jpg Cavalry2.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't read the back mark due to the Missouri soil being so hard on buttons...

Here is the reason I hunt school yards and parks...a really pretty woman's sterling silver ring with a faux diamond. It is marked .925, and weighs in at 3.9 grams. It read a 85 VDI (quarter coin) at 2-4" deep.

Cavalry3.jpg Cavalry4.jpg

Found some bling earrings, a bling ring, a Wolf Scout neckerchief slide, and a "Nut Digger" tool, for lack of a better term.

Cavalry5.jpg

From the "Head Scratcher" department, I dug two separate Japanese Yen coins. Each coin was in the far goal box of two soccer fields, about 200 yards apart. Is a Yen in the goal box a good or bad luck thing? :icon_scratch: Based on the characters on these coins, they were minted in different years.

Cavalry6.JPG

Thanks for peeking, I wish Happy Hunting to all this week and Happy Thanksgiving to all my US Treasurenet friends! Sub 8-)

Upvote 14

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m liking that eagle button. Congrats on that school yard oddity.

The silver ring is nice also. Well done Sub!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, congrats

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Sub...was just commenting on another thread how these old silver rings are popping out everywhere...and you produce a beaut! Congrats. Blingy rings are fun to find, you always get that "gold" rush when you see hand candy in the dirt. Ddf

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds there! Congrats on silver jewelry but the star of the show is the awesome Civil War button! WTG ! Congrats and HH

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best of both worlds congrats!

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sub, talked to a soccer coach originally from Iran this morning....he said the coin thing is to "get the spirit" of the coin (and country it came from) to help protect the goal area. Said this is also frequent with Mexican coins, too.

Never heard of that before. Supposedly the coin will know the difference between your players trying to score, and the opponents, and aid in the difference.

Sheesh...I think there is a sermon in there if I can somehow tease it out.

Nice finds, BTW.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sub, talked to a soccer coach originally from Iran this morning....he said the coin thing is to "get the spirit" of the coin (and country it came from) to help protect the goal area. Said this is also frequent with Mexican coins, too.

Never heard of that before. Supposedly the coin will know the difference between your players trying to score, and the opponents, and aid in the difference.

Sheesh...I think there is a sermon in there if I can somehow tease it out.

Nice finds, BTW.

Thanks Peruna! Great insight and I hope others on TNet will learn from it too. It was WAY to coincidental to find these Yen the way I did in the goal boxes...Sub 8-)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice Calvary button & Silver rings are always heart pounding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread