Broke My Spade, Lost My Spray Bottle. Totally Worth It!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Hope the hunting was good for you all.
Went to my usual spot in the woods for a few hours before the Packers miserable loss today :BangHead:
Found some keepers and a few firsts today and last weekend.
Click on pics for more detail.

Here is what i found last week...
Most of a harmonica (my first) and a Gold colored buckle made to look old.
Most likely modern. Still a rush to find. Broke apart when i hit it with the carrot.. oops.

tmd7 013.JPG tmd7 012.JPG
tmd7 004.JPG tmd7 010.JPG

Had a crazy spill signal. At first i thought it was a bunch silver bars (as we all hope to find buried underground) NOPE! Someone left a ton of strange aluminum hardware...in a pile...buried...next to an old dead tree...? Why me?!?

tmd7 007.JPG tmd7 008.JPG

Now to today.

First good signal turned out to be a dozen old keys in one hole. Someone had a bad day a little while back.
Some of the keys were plain. But 3 were detailed and made in my home town. I Love finding local history.
tmd7 036.JPG tmd7 037.JPG
tmd7 038.JPG tmd7 039.JPG

Next keeper was a crucifix from a rosary with a few beads still attached (my first) and it was gold plated at one point.
tmd7 015.JPG tmd7 014.JPG

Kept walking along this small ridge. Found what i believe to be a part of a pocket watch (my first) Silver plated over brass i think.
tmd7 030.JPG tmd7 031.JPG

On the surface was this chrome plated thing. I think its a gas cap door off an old car possibly?
tmd7 017.JPG

Here is where i lost the spray bottle and broke my spade digging a BIKE PUMP in the middle of nowhere 6 inches down! Too frustrated to take pics or carry it with me. Ill grab it when i search for the spray bottle next time.

Another first for me. Silver plated spoon (French Plate on bottom) Very short in length, possibly a baby or tea spoon. I like the fancy on it.
tmd7 024.JPG tmd7 029.JPG
tmd7 027.JPG tmd7 028.JPG

Had an awesome scare when i dug this one. 1930s Cracker Jack Token. Totally thought it was a Barber Quarter when it popped out.
(i know the bust is the other way)
Of course the silver face covered in dirt was the first thing i saw.. Still glad i found it. Maybe more rare than a Barber
tmd7 018.JPG tmd7 020.JPG

Here is the lead and shells for the day. 2 deer slugs. 6 wad cutters. 1 UMC&CO New Club. 1 .22 casing.
tmd7 033.JPG tmd7 034.JPG

Here is the board for the last 2 weeks. Had a lot of fun freezing in the woods :laughing7:
tmd7 041.JPG tmd7 042.JPG

Here is an update on one of the axe heads i found a few weeks ago. This one has been in vinegar for about a week with frequent rubbings with toothbrush.
tmd7 043.JPG tmd7 045.JPG

Sorry about the random attachment :/
Good luck to all and Happy Hunting!
Thanks for looking!
TMD

Attachments

• tmd7 019.JPG
    tmd7 019.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Upvote 33
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke your spade and lost your spray bottle I would have tossed in a shoe and and a pair of droors for all those finds Sweet Thanks for the post!!!!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice post and cool finds

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention in my previous post, that back in 1998 I had written a letter to Cracker Jack, now owned by Frito Lay. I had found a number of these Presidential tokens, and was curious as to when they put them in the boxes. They were nice enough to send me a chronology of when the different items were inserted. The Presidential tokens started to be put in boxes of Cracker Jack in 1933. Just thought you might like a little history on it.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crucifix is super cool looking. A good old soft bristled toothbrush is better than a spray bottle. Be careful what you spray water on

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions