Fixed image size of Red wing Jug (click plz)

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
My father found this 8 or 9 years ago while living in MT, He siad all you could see was the brown part and cap sticking out of the ground, he thought that was all there was and that it had been broken off, well he pulled it out and it turned out to be a full not broken at all redwing jug (the eagle has red wings obviously) and it still has the original cap and all, when he brought it back from finding it we washed it out and out came this stuff looking like pulpie orange juice but smelt like paint, we thought it might be old moonshine, but we could't figure out what it was, we got offered after finding it around 200-300 dollars, but we turned it down, cause we thought it might be worth more, i got pics and all if u would like to try to figure how much its worth and where it came from, HH CS ;D ;D

Attachments

• capdetail.jpg
    capdetail.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Eagledetail.jpg
    Eagledetail.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 247
  • moreeagledetail.jpg
    moreeagledetail.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 233
  • whole jug2.jpg
    whole jug2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 242
  • wholejug.jpg
    wholejug.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
I can't tell the size,but usually the smaller the size the more desirable.It is rather plain(does not have advertising on it).I would say that the price that was offered to you was generous.

OP
OP
Coin_Saver

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Ok here are the dimensions: 7"in wide, 11 in tall, just for fun, the cork is 2 7/8 in tall, and thats it, anyone else wanna comment? Oh and thx YSam, I registering right now, HH CS

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a web site for Red Wing Pottery. Do a Google search and you will find several references. I checked E-Bay and there are several items for sale of Red Wing Pottery. One link on the Red Wing Pottery said you could lookup prices on old pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread