Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping to find gold - came up with this instead - water find down real real deep ...barely went off - was a whisper
I fanned like 5-6 ins with dive boot and it got louder - thought I had a big fishing weight maybe - scooped straight down
and rechecked and thought I had a can -took 3 scoops to get it
saw stainless band hanging off of scoop lip and thought I had a stainless chain - big surprise - my eyes are shot had to wait til my GF
walked up and confirmed it said Cartier - I had a feeling it might be - I saw similar design found by another hunter few yrs
back - his was a womans. It is heavy as heck - you could knock someone out with it. crystal is scratch free..it has a serial #
when found - second hand was not moving - but when I gave it to my GF - it was - told her "I think those are self winding" - they are
time in sand it stopped being in my pouch got it restarted
but years ago I found a Rolex Submariner on south beach and it turned out to be a fake - so not counting my chickens
DSC00164.JPG

Upvote 70
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find. I’d have it sent back to Cartier for them to work over. It will not be cheap but you will have a watch that looks brand new returned to you. If interested you can probably also use Cartier to find out who the owner is.
Myself and some friends tried to find the owner on the Cartier site - you have to have an account - tried to look up the serial #
no go without an account - a few said - with a watch like that - you should have insured - so hopefully he got a claim in

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any good watchmaker can weigh the works- guts, and tell instantly if you have a winner, Best of luck to you.
I HAD IT CHECKED - THX - ITS REAL DEAL

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How did I miss this thread. Beautiful watch and rings Casper. Congrats on a VERY productive trip. Also congrats on a banner find.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did I miss this thread. Beautiful watch and rings Casper. Congrats on a VERY productive trip. Also congrats on a banner find.
Congrats to you on another great year:thumbsup:

noluckyet

Greenie
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Who cares if it's real it's got a story behind it and would be worth a beer at a bar. But obviously if it's real you could buy a small beer shack in a dodgy part of the Philppines. Oh! while I'm here there is a British television serris about metal detectorist's in the UK it is a comedy quite funny and yes there is a lot of ring pulls and missed treasure! It's on Netflix give it a try.

Last edited:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW factor for sure! Bet it is real given it still self-started and depth found...have to rethink those "for sure" can tops at 2ft. Found a Thomas Sabo watch last yr and came up from 3 ft of water hanging over scoop with second hand moving, but only $300...not $10,000!! Great BANNER find!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great find!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread