Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping to find gold - came up with this instead - water find down real real deep ...barely went off - was a whisper
I fanned like 5-6 ins with dive boot and it got louder - thought I had a big fishing weight maybe - scooped straight down
and rechecked and thought I had a can -took 3 scoops to get it
saw stainless band hanging off of scoop lip and thought I had a stainless chain - big surprise - my eyes are shot had to wait til my GF
walked up and confirmed it said Cartier - I had a feeling it might be - I saw similar design found by another hunter few yrs
back - his was a womans. It is heavy as heck - you could knock someone out with it. crystal is scratch free..it has a serial #
when found - second hand was not moving - but when I gave it to my GF - it was - told her "I think those are self winding" - they are
time in sand it stopped being in my pouch got it restarted
but years ago I found a Rolex Submariner on south beach and it turned out to be a fake - so not counting my chickens
DSC00164.JPG

Upvote 70

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like an older roadster. I had one years ago. Mine was a bit more substantial in the band, but that may have just been a design change through the decades. But I would say if it survived a long dousing and self-started again that it’s authentic. Nice find

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! I'm hoping it's real!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good googamooga that looks sweet. I bet it's legit. My best beach find was also a Cartier gold watch! Sold it years ago, needed some money in my early 20's... Kind of wish I still had it. Banner if real.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find, congratulations! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the watch, hoping that it will be a good one.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a mid size Roadster. I have the identical watch! Great job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Only one way to find out. Bring it to a respected jeweler. Usually the fakes aren't as well copied on the insides as they are on the outside. Awesome find in any case! Congrats!

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and I hope it turns out to be real!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That is a stone cold stunner . :notworthy:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to change my undershorts after finding that! Congrats real or not it is a great find.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well come on, if it is real, what is it worth?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18C7A3D2-4389-42AF-B44B-12BA20DABD22.jpeg

COOLDEMUNDO!

It can be quite difficult to tell fake Cartier watches from genuine Cartier watches, but there are a few guidelines you can follow:

The simplest way to tell a fake Cartier watch is to remove the caseback. A genuine Cartier watch will have "Cartier" inscribed on the movement.

Weight
Like most luxury accessories, genuine Cartier watches are quite heavy, especially when compared to the lightweight fakes. This solid weight is due to the watch's quality materials.

Glass
A genuine Cartier watch has scratch-proof glass, which won't be found on the fakes. This is something that's fairly easy to test. The sapphire-quality glass of a genuine Cartier is also non-smear, so if you drop a few beads of water on it, they will roll off. On fake Cartiers it will smear.

Cabochon stone
The winder of a genuine Cartier watch features a polished gemstone, called a cabochon stone. If there's no stone, it's a fake Cartier watch. The gem should be securely fastened, not glued on.

Serial Number
This should appear on the back or side of a genuine Cartier. The number will be engraved as a number of fake Cartiers feature a serial number that's barely etched onto the watch.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's hoping it's the real deal Casper- GL!

-- Jeff --

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know expensive watches the secon hands have a constant sweep not a tic tic tic. I had a Submariner and it had a glass back and was told Rolex never made a glass back I tried to tell the jeweler it was a special edition and only one was made and this was it, long story shory I left with a Goose egg 0. Hope yours is real Thanks for posting!!!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Well done! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions