Backyard Finds

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Hi Everyone:

Friend of mine let me borrow an old Garrett detector from him...Freedom Ace Plus, he said it is about 7 to 8 years old. Wont be able to get my own till next year, family comes first.

I went to my back yard after I work and started swinging. I found the following items....I have no clue how to do the pictures..not important...I just wanted to share my finds with someone who understands this addiction!

1. Three Pennys, severly corruded, unable to read dates..know one is a wheat back but that is all.

2. Small caliber shot gun shell, house was built in the 1950's and was one of the first homes in my area.

3. Pendant: Three letters in front "PER" above the face of a clock, white face, time is pointing to some time after 11. On the back might be information on where it was produced and I think that was in Mass. ..dont know what the pendant was for but it is mine.

Maybe this is not a treasure to some, but to me I struck Gold! I can hardly wait till my birthday and getting my own toy.

I love this Hobby!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Southern_Boy

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Just finished cleaning the pendant up some. Around the clock are the following: Member of Grand Lodge.

I am very happy with this find and I know why everyone becomes so addicted to this. I can hardly wait to go out tomorrow and do some more searching.

OP
OP
Southern_Boy

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
I am really enjoying this hobby. Not sure how long my friend will let me use his detector. He claims he has not used it in years, but I plan to get some serious use out of it tomorrow.

The pendant is probably associated with the Masonic Lodge, looks like something a woman would wear though. I assume the masonic lodge has groups set asside for women.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds and wish you luck on getting your own detector, with this addiction it would be hard to go without one for sure ! goodluck tommorow ;)

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Boy: Sounds like some neat relics. Yes, this is quite addicting. And your finds will only get better. :) Keep digging!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Good start !!!!! You will get better at finding the better items as time goes by. But you could get lucky and get some nice old coins anytime. Good luck !!!! :)

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eastern stars is the female part of the masons

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Sounds like you did pretty good on your first try. Who knows, you may find something that will get you that detector ahead of time. Good luck on your next hunt, the more you use it, the better you'll find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread