Got a 3rd One of These and Some Other Stuff.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Back to the sandbox field for another round. Try as I might I had cherry picking for a coin in mind. I just ain't any good at cherry picking and ended up with another bucket of iron anyhow. One really cool find for me was the old brass horse tack rivet with a bunch of old leather still hanging on. Never found one with this much leather still there. I got a pair of nice brass buckles. Love brass buckles. The usual brass shrapnel and a couple screws. Model T hub cap which is pretty much destroyed. I found one of those oval brass thingies with the four tabs on the back. Now I know what they are as I found one with the turn button intact. Really working my butt off for a coin to date this sight back 150 years wasn't panning out. Perhaps the sand and iron rich environment is making it difficult for me.

I switched locations to try and change things up and did manage to recover my third Illinois Licensed Chauffeur tag. 1932 for the year. So I got skunked on coins but, eked out a nice keeper with the IL License tag. Had a huge dinner with some of my treasure hunting buddies after words and my stomach still hurts. Going hunting with a buddy tomorrow. I hope we both tear it up somewhere good. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 017.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 026.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 004.jpg Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 011.jpg Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 018.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 021.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 022.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 023.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 019.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 020.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 027.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 029.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 033.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 030.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 031.JPG Shultzes IL Chaufers Liscence Hunt 024.JPG

Upvote 21

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chauffuer's pin is really Kool!!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You keep pulling some nice relics outa those old fields. Good job! :icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the /32 Illinois Licensed Chauffeur tag, that's a real nice keeper. The little brass turn eyelet are commonly known now as [FONT=&quot]Common Sense Fasteners, Marine Canvas Eyelet & Turn Studs.[/FONT]

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunch more nice relic's there. Running out of room to display your fields yet?:laughing7:

Hoarders never run out of room for their stuff. Well, there ain't a flat spot in my home that isn't covered with some sort of "treasure".:tongue3:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You keep pulling some nice relics outa those old fields. Good job! :icon_thumright:

Thanks Mr. Tired. The relics keep me entertained but, finding some old coinage to go along with the history of the area I am hunting is my goal. The Illinois Licensed Chauffeur tag was an "unexpected" surprise which salvaged the day.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the /32 Illinois Licensed Chauffeur tag, that's a real nice keeper. The little brass turn eyelet are commonly known now as [FONT="]Common Sense Fasteners, Marine Canvas Eyelet & Turn Studs.[/FONT]

Thanks PJ. I have been finding those oval thingies for years and never knew what they were. I guess a "fancy" grommet sort of thing? The IL Licensed Chauffeur tag salvaged the day but, I still would like some old coinage to date the sights I am hunting. Maybe today.:hello:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of finds! Well done, congrats and HH

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks PJ. I have been finding those oval thingies for years and never knew what they were. I guess a "fancy" grommet sort of thing? The IL Licensed Chauffeur tag salvaged the day but, I still would like some old coinage to date the sights I am hunting. Maybe today.:hello:

Your welcome on the ID of the fasteners, something retained from boating days. I feel the same way at times when out, that I need a coin to make it a good hunt.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done,,
I think the coins at the sight are in the third layer.
You're just getting through the first layer. lol
Congratulations

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done,,
I think the coins at the sight are in the third layer.
You're just getting through the first layer. lol
Congratulations

Thanks for the encouragement, sheesh!:BangHead:

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it up, some good coins are bound to pop out soon. I like the chauffeur badge, very nice. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread