Great possible LAST HUNT of 2017! Silvers, LCs!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Lots of driving today! Only talked to 2 people (lots not home) and got a yes at the 2nd house. Nice 1830s house netted me 1 and 1/3 large cents. 1832 on the complete one and 1843 on the fragment of the other one. 2 Washingtons and 3 roosies (85 silver fty) 3 wheats, and a flat button. Then went to my cornfield for an hour and found one flat button and a piece of a hinge. I went to the field because that's usually how I close out my detecting year and I'm not sure if I'll get out much more this year if at all. Either way it's been a blast this year! 20171128_162354.jpg 20171128_162254.jpg 20171128_134753.jpg 20171128_162238.jpg 20171128_162222.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 37

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done Chris. You got a couple of coins that have been lawnmowered!

Thanks for sharing, and hopefully you can get out another time or two before the BIG freeze hits Yankeeland.

Best to you brother!

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! sweet stack of silver you got going on there from one hunt! that cut large is sick too as is the other one. Still one month to go , but if thats your last hunt you went out with a bang this year!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice LC, nice silver! Well done, congrats and HH

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
One would hope for a little older silver on a site that aged, but I wouldn't be complaining at all! Nice hunt and grats.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done Chris. You got a couple of coins that have been lawnmowered!

Thanks for sharing, and hopefully you can get out another time or two before the BIG freeze hits Yankeeland.

Best to you brother!
thanks Tom! It's been one fun year but I'm not quite sure if I can get out anymore with the holiday coming and lots of work going on. By the way I don't think the large cent was lawn mowered unless they had power mowers in the early 1800s lol!! I guess I'll just have to live my winter detecting life vicariously through you Southerners. Good luck the rest of the year!

Nice keepers on the silver and large cent! Congratulations on a nice hunt!
thanks scruggs!

Nice!!! sweet stack of silver you got going on there from one hunt! that cut large is sick too as is the other one. Still one month to go , but if thats your last hunt you went out with a bang this year!!
thanks a lot man much appreciated! It's my second hunt in a row getting 5 silver, some kind of weird streak I'm on but I'll take it!

That's a good day congrats on all the keepers
thank you art!

Nice LC, nice silver! Well done, congrats and HH
Thanks Diggin dude!
One would hope for a little older silver on a site that aged, but I wouldn't be complaining at all! Nice hunt and grats.
thank you, yeah I was thinking the one quarter was going to be my 1st barber quarter ever, I still haven't found one in six years! not complaining with a hunt like this though they don't come by everyday

Last edited:

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding finds!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the excellent hunt! :occasion14:

Love the old coin shooting!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great results from the hunt, liking the silver and the cut LC, strange way of cutting it up.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds cjon. Pretty good for a last hunt if it is indeed your last one. For some reason I have an affinity for cut LCs. I remember finding two LCs at a site once. One was intact and the second was cut. I offered the intact one to the property owner and kept the cut one.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding finds!!!!
thanks!!!

Congratualtions on the excellent hunt! :occasion14:

Love the old coin shooting!
thank you Professor! I was hoping for an Indian or to possibly a barber, but I won't complain

Great results from the hunt, liking the silver and the cut LC, strange way of cutting it up.
thanks man, I don't recall ever seen one like that before LOL

Nice finds cjon. Pretty good for a last hunt if it is indeed your last one. For some reason I have an affinity for cut LCs. I remember finding two LCs at a site once. One was intact and the second was cut. I offered the intact one to the property owner and kept the cut one.
thanks Evolution, I never found a cut LC before. This one is definitely unique I looked around like crazy for the other piece but couldn't find it, I'm sure it's there somewhere

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silvers al LCs. I'm certain this WON"T be your last hunt this year :laughing7:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great day today....good finds pulled out at the end of your season. Well done!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great day today....good finds pulled out at the end of your season. Well done!
thanks a lot I've had a pretty darn fun year!

Nice job on the silvers al LCs. I'm certain this WON"T be your last hunt this year :laughing7:
thank you Steve! I sure hope you're right because I've had a lot of fun and don't want to stop

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to see you are going out with a bang Chris. I bet you'll get another hunt in where you pull another fist full of keepers.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds and I hope you find more time next year. Just finish that dang house already!!!

Beauty finds and I’m glad to hear you’re getting some permissions

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you are going out with a bang Chris. I bet you'll get another hunt in where you pull another fist full of keepers.
thanks Kevin. The area I was in doesn't have too many people detecting I think. The amazing looking property I hit right on a main street had lots of high tones, dare I say "virgin ground"?

Great finds and I hope you find more time next year. Just finish that dang house already!!!

Beauty finds and I’m glad to hear you’re getting some permissions
Thanks Steve! The major building at my house is done. Just tinkering with renovations room by room now. Much easier than building an entire 2 story addition yourself

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude killin it,,, good job!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread