The wife made me go.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had much luck finding new places to hunt lately and hadn't even bothered putting much effort into hunting lately since most of my places have dried up. And to be quite honest I was a little burnt out because of it, but today my wife told me I needed to go because she could tell I was getting a little down. So I waited for the mail man to show up with some new bluetooth headphones and a transmitter that I ordered, and quickly realized they weren't worth the wait (too much lag). So I tossed them on the couch grabbed my buds, hopped in my big ol' truck and headed to one of my top secret locations on a steep hillside in the woods that I've been waiting all summer to hit due to the thick brush, spiders, snakes etc.

Right off the bat I slipped and fell right on my ass, but luckily I wasn't injured so I pressed on. About 20 minutes in I finally get a hit that's doesn't sound like old wire bits. How that crap seems to be litterallty everywhere still baffles me... After a quick dig I pulled up my first target and BINGO, exactly what I came for, a civil war bullet that was fired in anger. After about 2 hours of digging I had a nice handful of old lead and a smile one my face, so I stopped digging and headed back home to clean them up and show them off.

If lead is this addicting I'm really glad I never tried crack. :)

20171201_150041.jpg
20171201_164307.jpg
20171201_165747.jpg

I'm might need another curio cabinet soon.
20171201_175533.jpg

Upvote 33

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job on finding that CW lead. I’d consider that a great success.

Sorry that that headphones didn’t work out.

Hang in there and good luck sir.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sword belt buckle.
The front is blank and the only example I could find that matches is from a Virginia Military Institute Cadet uniform.
Wow! That is a great looking piece, and even cooler now knowing it's a sword belt buckle, that has to be one of the coolest military items I have ever seen

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is a great looking piece, and even cooler now knowing it's a sword belt buckle, that has to be one of the coolest military items I have ever seen
I found it back when I first started detecting and almost discarded it because I had no idea what it was.
This should give you a little better idea of what it looked like, unfortunately I only found the one piece.

th(49).jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread