The wife made me go.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had much luck finding new places to hunt lately and hadn't even bothered putting much effort into hunting lately since most of my places have dried up. And to be quite honest I was a little burnt out because of it, but today my wife told me I needed to go because she could tell I was getting a little down. So I waited for the mail man to show up with some new bluetooth headphones and a transmitter that I ordered, and quickly realized they weren't worth the wait (too much lag). So I tossed them on the couch grabbed my buds, hopped in my big ol' truck and headed to one of my top secret locations on a steep hillside in the woods that I've been waiting all summer to hit due to the thick brush, spiders, snakes etc.

Right off the bat I slipped and fell right on my ass, but luckily I wasn't injured so I pressed on. About 20 minutes in I finally get a hit that's doesn't sound like old wire bits. How that crap seems to be litterallty everywhere still baffles me... After a quick dig I pulled up my first target and BINGO, exactly what I came for, a civil war bullet that was fired in anger. After about 2 hours of digging I had a nice handful of old lead and a smile one my face, so I stopped digging and headed back home to clean them up and show them off.

If lead is this addicting I'm really glad I never tried crack. :)

20171201_150041.jpg
20171201_164307.jpg
20171201_165747.jpg

I'm might need another curio cabinet soon.
20171201_175533.jpg

Upvote 33

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha, love the story! And yeah that bullet looks like it blew the holy hell outta someone! Sweet finds [emoji106]🏻 stay motivated! I was having tons of bad luck and a few weeks ago I find my first US gold coin!! Funny how things work like that

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out. That made me laugh my butt off about you slipping and busting your "ass". Anyway, you had a good hunt and found some real keepers there. Stay at it and have fun. :laughing7:......we all get to feeling like that when it seems our spots are drying up. Take care!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful display case! :notworthy:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some bad ass lead. To cover turf you know was civil war area and a skirmish may have occurred must create some what of a somber moment when you dig some mangled lead. The thought that bullet may have taken a life would cause me to have so much respect for those type relics. You have an awesome display of very cool old stuff. In the nine years I've been chasing treasure I have had my share of the "dog days" but, always pull out of it eventually. I can't see myself ever quitting this wonderful sport. Too much history to be recovered and I love finding it.:icon_thumright:

Willieg

Nov 16, 2017
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the story and some beautiful finds! Keep your head up stay positive and keep swinging. Well done sir!!🖒

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is some fearsome stuff you're holding. Can't imagine the experience. And what a collection! Hope I live long enough to fill half of one of your shelves. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What a mean woman ,make you go detectin.....

Careful not to fall down like that ,you could damage an artifact.:icon_thumleft:
Congrats. And great finds display!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent post! It was very entertaining. It’s awesome your wife got you out to do some detecting. Good score on the lead, congratulations! Oh yeah, that’s a nice display you have there.

Last edited:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story, awesome collection!!

-- Jeff --

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the lag in the headphones. I really wanted a pair of wireless ones.
Glad you got to go out and props to the wife who understands the need to detect. Glad my wife is on the same page too.
Awesome lead, I cant get enough of it either although my lead isnt CW lead.

That is an AWESOME display. I could look at it for hours!

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love finding the old lead, slipping and busting my ass not so much. Great recoveries!!

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story. A supportive wife attuned to ones moods is worth her weight in gold.

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got back out and made some good recovery's. I suffer from the same lethargy. I'm hoping I haven't lost my MOJO. Love your display case; Mind if I ask where you got it??? I have been looking for something like that as my Wife is getting tired of my shadow boxes on the coffee table. And I need to set up at least one more.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of civil war lead you have dug on that hunt, and I have never seen a better display case.What part of our country do you primarily hunt?

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words of support it's good in a strange way to know I'm not the only one who gets a little bummed over running out of productive sites to treasure hunt. I guess the more we find, the less there is to be found, but that's just the way it is.

Yes I am very lucky and appreciative that I have a wife that understands my need to get out of the house. It truely is my therapy.

My display is just a free standing 5 shelf corner curio cabinet that sits behind my recliner in my living room. I actually bought it for my wife but after a few months of her not having put anything in it I slowly took it over. Not to worry though she got another one from her parents to put her Pioneer Woman Wal-Mart "China" (from China) in.

Anyway... Thanks again, you all are the best!

Happy Hunting

Last edited:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome curio, would like to see the other shelves...
what is that large piece with the 3 slits at the bottom and the hanger thing towards the top?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread