🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't stand the thought of my last post being the last of the year so i got out this morning with a friend before the rain hit for a few hours. We were doing a small Park when a guy approached Greg and gave permission for his farm fields. Greg made a nice find right away, me on the other hand it took a little bit but out popped this beautiful 1856 seated quarter! My oldest silver quarter and 2nd oldest United States silver coin. Still missing my barber quarter but I guess I'll settle for a seated! Silver 86 fty, thanks for looking and hh! 20171205_130206.jpg 20171205_125850.jpg 20171205_125756.jpg 20171205_125652.jpg FB_IMG_1512514479691.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 46

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd skip a barber quarter any day of the week for a seated quarter. Awesome find!! :occasion14:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
TREASURE! Fantastic quarter, grats to ya and thanks for sharing.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say buy that nice farmer a beverage of his choice!:occasion14: Not often we get an invite without asking for it. Excellent score on the Seated Quarter. I have only found one in nine years hunting. Looks like you guys hit PAY DIRT!:headbang:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful bucket lister for sure! Was the spoon all in the same hole? Really cool that you found both halves!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
So killer Chris, congrats on the sweet old silver coin.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice coin and relic hunt! :occasion14:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet seated congrats man...:occasion14:
thanks alot! It was a pretty big surprise

I'd skip a barber quarter any day of the week for a seated quarter. Awesome find!! :occasion14:
thanks a lot I'm very appreciative of it but I'm dying to get a barber quarter

TREASURE! Fantastic quarter, grats to ya and thanks for sharing.
thank you!

I say buy that nice farmer a beverage of his choice!:occasion14: Not often we get an invite without asking for it. Excellent score on the Seated Quarter. I have only found one in nine years hunting. Looks like you guys hit PAY DIRT!:headbang:
thanks a lot! Yeah it was very weird for this guy to just stop and give us permission oh, he was telling us about people that used to hunt the property for arrowheads and he seemed quite interested

Beautiful bucket lister for sure! Was the spoon all in the same hole? Really cool that you found both halves!!
thanks and yes the spoon broke in plug

That’s a fantastic Seated quarter, congratulations!
thanks scruggs

So killer Chris, congrats on the sweet old silver coin.
thanks Tom I knew it was old when I saw it in the hole!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Cjon! Hey, I've found a couple Barber quarters, but no Seated...trade!?...lol. Congrats on your new permission and great stuff...Ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked away at a Seated Half Dollar and a Seated Half Dime this year. I already have 2 Seated Dimes. The Seated Quarter and Seated Dollar are still on my Bucket List.
Big congrats to you on a coin that has been evasive to me.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer dig my friend! I appreciate the dirty silver pics more than anything...nice to see the cleaned up version with some great toning as well...Congrats! Pennsylvania is treating you well

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice quarter,and a bucket list for most of us.
thank you

Great finds Cjon! Hey, I've found a couple Barber quarters, but no Seated...trade!?...lol. Congrats on your new permission and great stuff...Ddf
thanks ddf, I was saying to my buddy with the amount of 1800s homes I've hit I'm surprised no barber yet lol

You don't see those every day. Very nice find!
thanks alot!

I picked away at a Seated Half Dollar and a Seated Half Dime this year. I already have 2 Seated Dimes. The Seated Quarter and Seated Dollar are still on my Bucket List.
Big congrats to you on a coin that has been evasive to me.
thanks atw! I don't know what it is but I want that darn barber quarter already lol

Killer dig my friend! I appreciate the dirty silver pics more than anything...nice to see the cleaned up version with some great toning as well...Congrats! Pennsylvania is treating you well
thanks alot! Normally I wouldn't clean a silver coin but all that darkened crud all over it made it look ugly

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Congrats on a great looking coin. I know your Barber Quarter is just around the corner. That was also my nemesis coin ! Then one day it finally appeared from the depths of the dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread