Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautiful weekend here and I spent just about every bit of it working getting ready for winter. I decided I needed to at least get out for a little bit before this cold front comes through. I went over to a couple of lots where they've torn down two houses getting ready to build something "bigger and better". The houses were built around 40's-50's so I was hoping maybe I could save a few young silver coins before lost to development forever. I didn't get there until late and hunted for about two hours In the dark. Unfortunately most of the digging areas have been disturbed and covered up with gravel. I focused on the edges and found a nice side yard that seemed to be original ground. It didn't take long to find a few wheats and then a couple of Rosie's. This spot is in the middle of some Civil War action so getting the fired Minie Ball was an awesome bonus. Working along close to the property line I got a great high tone and the last numbers I saw on the Etrac were 4-47. I had big hopes of it being a silver half as I was scooping out the dirt in the bottom of the hole, and man it was exciting to see that big silver under the light of that super moon! I could just make out LF DO through the caked on dirt and it looked to be a Franklin. I took a few pics and got back to detecting happy about getting another half. Just a few feet over I got another nice high tone and dug a Merc. I finished out the hunt with a couple more wheaties and a small religious pendant. Pretty happy with getting that hunt in to end my weekend. Looks like the weather is going to get bad this week. Maybe it will push out to get one or two more hunts before the year is up. GL & HH-David

N6LzzNw.jpg K7JNJtq.jpg

hUUj1G9.jpg U3tcA6O.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 38

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Always enjoy seeing Franklins coming out, nice coins with a short run...Congrats..Ddf

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have a hard time waiting out the winter if I'd just found a silver half too. I would force a few more hunts if I had to. Nice silver half! Congrats! :occasion14:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a very productive hunt! Love all your silver especially the Franklin! Good luck on your future hunts!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on letting Mr. Ben see the light of day. Great coin.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the very productive hunt! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David that is great those things are so hard to find. Those are banner finds to me that's a great coin for a display case. Keep up the awesome finds you deserve it. Thanks for posting your finds Tommy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the dirty-dirty pics! Nice find Dave

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! Really hard find, congrats and HH

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly,that had to be an 2 hour hunt you will remember for some time to come. All those silvers,and a Franklin half to boot. Great night hunt.

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds under the Super Moon! I follow you on Instagram, I'm MrBlueSkyNM.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Always enjoy seeing Franklins coming out, nice coins with a short run...Congrats..Ddf

Thanks DDF! Franklins are fun, don't see them come up often so it's always a great surprise.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have a hard time waiting out the winter if I'd just found a silver half too. I would force a few more hunts if I had to. Nice silver half! Congrats! :occasion14:

Thanks Evolution! Yeah as long as the ground is not frozen or a foot of snow on the ground I will get out some more.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a very productive hunt! Love all your silver especially the Franklin! Good luck on your future hunts!

Thanks Scruggs!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David that is great those things are so hard to find. Those are banner finds to me that's a great coin for a display case. Keep up the awesome finds you deserve it. Thanks for posting your finds Tommy

Thanks Tommy! Yeah those Big Franklins don't come up often. I've been fortunate to dig a few over the last 5 few years. Always a great surprise! Good luck to ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread