Wheats, token, 2 silvers, pile of clad, crucifix, from a couple of Az hunts

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out yesterday for a hunt and also a previous short hunt for my first post since settling in Arizona for the winter. Too cold in Pa. I was able to recover a nice pile of clad, a nice crucifix, an old vintage slot machine token, three wheat pennies, a sterling pendant with a penny shown for size, an old ornate brass drawer pull I think, and an old Girl Scout sterling ring in very worn condition. I should have done before and after on the ring. When I dug the ring it was flatter than a pancake. It took some careful work to get it straightened and polished. I should have posted pics of the sterling pendant after cleaning and polishing, as it turned out pretty nice. Thanks for looking and happy hunting. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

Upvote 23
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Beautiful crucifix find!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool variety of finds. I hope I live long enough to become a "Snowbird". I never really cared much for winter but, here I am, STILL!:tongue3:

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool variety of finds. I hope I live long enough to become a "Snowbird". I never really cared much for winter but, here I am, STILL!:tongue3:

It's the best of two worlds, Kurios. The wife has me talked into buying a cheap vehicle here and flying back and forth. 2200 miles is a long drive.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the best of two worlds, Kurios. The wife has me talked into buying a cheap vehicle here and flying back and forth. 2200 miles is a long drive.

I have lived in Arizona twice. Short stint in Glendale and a few years in Tucson. I loved the desert. I may get back there some day.:hello:

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great hunt you had. Good finds.....I love the crucifix especially.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I also lived in Tucson Phoenix and Mesa and Apache Junction. I loved the drive down 17 to Flagstaff loved the drive I had a 70 charger 440 and sometimes drove the 78 firebird formula. Gotta watch out for a guy named Joe he can dress ya in pink and you could end up on a Chain Gang !!!! Go figure!!!! anyway love the old ring where did you find that old finger LOL Kidding had to toss some humor in Good job enjoy the awesome weather and beautiful scenery my Friend. Tommy

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice variety of finds. Glad your about to stay warm for the winter.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its warm here for sure. Its almost Christmas and there are still green leaves on our tree out back. They're usually long gone by this time of year.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I also lived in Tucson Phoenix and Mesa and Apache Junction. I loved the drive down 17 to Flagstaff loved the drive I had a 70 charger 440 and sometimes drove the 78 firebird formula. Gotta watch out for a guy named Joe he can dress ya in pink and you could end up on a Chain Gang !!!! Go figure!!!! anyway love the old ring where did you find that old finger LOL Kidding had to toss some humor in Good job enjoy the awesome weather and beautiful scenery my Friend. Tommy

Thank you Tommy. We have been coming out here to Apache Junction for the past 7 years. Don't have the great MD hunting like we do back east, but still find some nice stuff. My buddy Joe was voted out as sheriff last year. I think we need more like him. That old finger is attached to an old body. Just turned 70 in July. Man where did the years go?

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its warm here for sure. Its almost Christmas and there are still green leaves on our tree out back. They're usually long gone by this time of year.

We have had some nice weather for November. We could use some rain as it is extremely dry and hard to dig.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to go to Froggys firday/Saturday nights .There are still people to this day that live in the Desert searching for the lost Dutchmans mine!!!!!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds in the โ€œoffโ€ season by going south! Glad you can enjoy the hobby year round! I like the crucifix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread