Slim Pickens in the Cold and Wind.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Sun was shining but, the temps are down and the wind was gusting. I reckon any day could put a stop to my hunting so I'd better try and get a few more targets. I tried a wooded patch yesterday in my town. I got the little brass thingy with the rings on the end of it. It appears hollow with some old wood in it? No clue what it is? Got a little musket ball I think too. The neighbor came racing up into the driveway where I was hunting in some pine trees. He must have thought I was a poacher or something. Once he saw my Command Vehicle he realized it was just weird trash hunter guy. Thankfully I didn't get shot.

I tried the Sand Box field cellar hole area today. Windy as heck on that hilltop and cold. I found a strange brass threaded whatsit thingy. No idea what it is either but, it's well machined and looks cool as heck. Any ideas chime in. Another deep old Mason Jar lid, old iron horse tack ring, a tiny bottle, and some other odd iron I am not sure what it is? I hope to keep after it until it's just too flipping cold or the ground freezes all my sights up. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

http://www.drake.net/products/Brass-Cleaning-Rod-Jag-?id=26082

Creskol provided the correct ID to the strange intricate little brass thingy I dug. Link is above. Brass rifle cleaning "jag". Never heard of them before but, now I own one. Pretty cool. Thank Creskol mate!:headbang:
Charlie P. (NY) suggested the other brass piece with the three rings and the wood inside may be a push rod for an old musket. That sounds like a reasonable guess and will give me something to investigate. Thanks Charlie!:headbang:

Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 001.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 002.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 003.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 004.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 006.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 011.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 007.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 008.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 009.JPG Windy Cold on the Hill Hunt 010.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
command vehicle?

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dug some very interesting finds. That thing in the top left picture is very peculiar!....??

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dug some very interesting finds. That thing in the top left picture is very peculiar!....??

Indeed it is. I have never seen anything machined as intricately as this old brass thingy. No clue what it is? I will put some pics in the What Is It section to see if I can get an ID. I love old brass whatsits.:hello:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that little bottle Kurios. Keep digging. The ground isn't frozen yet.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have photo of "Command Vehicle" :skullflag: :headbang:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some nice finds. Glad to see you are still able to squeeze in a couple more hunts. Good luck on getting out on some of those warmer days, if the ground dont freeze...all is good...:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread