Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thing anyone who hunts cellar holes can tell you is that silver is few and far between. I've been in a major silver slump for the past couple of months, mostly cause I have not hit a yard or anything lately. Also I think I abused my mxsport too much, and it's been acting up a bit lately. Either way I managed to pull all of these goodies the past two hunts. Seems like I find more pocket watches and bells than any normal man should. I think I'm easily over the 20 mark on pocket watches and parts this year. I'm also at like 6 of these telephone or door bells, and around 5 or 6 crotal bells for the year. Also this past hunt yielded a few firsts for me and knocked out a few bucket listers as well. Found my first Silver thimble marked stirling with a makers mark on the inside. Also found my first stirrup, just an iron one but I'm counting it. Another first is the tiny lock, never found a lock let alone a tiny complete one like this. Also the two small items in my picture I've never seen before; the one looks almost like a lead toy cover for a pot or stein??? the other looks like a fancy cap for something, but not sure for what. Thanks for checking it out. might be one of my last hunts for this winter unless I make it down to long island or the weather lets up here for a day.
20171206_193354_resized.jpg 20171206_193308_resized.jpg 20171206_193403_resized.jpg 20171206_193407_resized.jpg 20171206_193337_resized.jpg 20171206_193324_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14
OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver thimble, still on my list.

Thanks, after a few brass and some heart stopping aluminum ones; I'm happy to finally grab a silver one.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. hope to get out again soon but its hit below freezing here