First Multi-Silver Day Since August

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

The sun is setting at 4 PM in Seattle this time of year so I strapped a headlamp on for some more night hunting. I was continuing to do the sidewalk strips outside my neighbor's house where I found a few wheat pennies a couple nights ago.

I redid the area I was before and found a wheat penny about 10 minutes in. After almost another hour and a half I'd found mostly just junk:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512708132.359955.jpg

I was about to leave because I hadn't found much of interest and was getting hungry when I saw this pile of sticks I had detected around earlier:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512708330.085743.jpg

The space they covered can't have been more than 4' x 4'. I was wondering if I should bother to move them to detect under them before leaving and curiosity got the best of me.

Immediately upon putting my detector where they were I got a decent hit at 5"-6". Out popped the first Rosie. "No way!" I was thinking "what are the chances?". A couple steps later I get a so-so signal at the same depth, out pops the second Rosie. Those were the only two signals under the pile!

I carried on a little while longer and found the second wheat. I also found the silver plated spoon ring earlier in the evening.

Dates on the coins:
-Rosies (49-S, 59-D)
-Wheats (52-D, 53-S)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512708536.532045.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512708548.516419.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512708556.585415.jpg

Thanks for looking and luck in the hunt!
-Washingtonian

Upvote 24

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day with two silvers in Washington is a banner day...congrats man...they don't hand them out around here

achetadomestica

Feb 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job!
I found a rosie last night and it was less then 1" down?
I wish it was that easy all the time
Tonight I hit a place I hit last year and found a silver Washington and a silver
Canadian 25c coin. I found 5 wheats in an hour and knew any second I was going to pop
some silver. Instead my shovel broke, I headed to wal mart but all they have is Xmas crap
no shovels.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Good job!
I found a rosie last night and it was less then 1" down?
I wish it was that easy all the time
Tonight I hit a place I hit last year and found a silver Washington and a silver
Canadian 25c coin. I found 5 wheats in an hour and knew any second I was going to pop
some silver. Instead my shovel broke, I headed to wal mart but all they have is Xmas crap
no shovels.

Dang, that is so frustrating. I'm sorry to hear that!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find its always surprising where ya find silver for me the last couple hunts in the woods its when I stick my coil way in under a bush or some hard spot to get in half hoping there isn't a signal LOL. Thanks for sharing you finds. Anywhere I go I always tiy around the trees Ive found most of my rings and coin spills there. HH Tommy

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job! Multiple silvers is an accomplishment no matter where you live. Congrats

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on scoring a double!

Best of luck to you sir.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Nice thinking out of the box. Let me add something to the thought. I kind of think that sometimes, when I move something like that, (usually cans, bottles, even paper trash), that I tend to get rewarded. Maybe not immediately, but something unusual almost always turns up on hunts where I'm doing "good" like this. :)

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Thanks everybody! Let's hope we can all eke out a couple more before the end of the year!

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good day , in my book.... I have been skunked many times... It pays to move things... people are lazy and detect in the easiest places... that's why I hunt further away from where most people detect... Happy Hunting..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver finds! :occasion14:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the multi silver evening!
Arnt you glad you moved those sticks?
Im so sorry the sun sets at 4pm for you. Thats Aweful.
I thought it setting at 5 was bad..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread