I Worked Hard Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On my way to a site that I was going to detect I came across an estate sale, so I decided to take a look. They didn't have anything that I wanted except for some extension ladder guard bumpers that I got for a dollar.

Before I left I asked permission to detect the yard and got a yes. I thought for sure that I'd score some silver on this mid-fifties home site, but it didn't happen. As I was loading up I saw a guy out in his yard across the street, so I went over there to see if I could get permission to detect his yard. He was nice and said have it. Again I came up empty.

I decided to go back to the last site that I detected where I found those 3 silver dimes and all those wheat pennies to see what else I could unearth. I finally cornered a 1954 silver quarter and few more wheat pennies before giving up on that site.

As I was heading home I stopped at another site that I've detected before to give it another going over. After a lot of swinging I got a nice sweet high tone and the VDI numbers were floating upward to the mid-fifties. I wasn't sure if it was a silver dime or a quarter, but whatever it was it was under a big root. I had to dig down beside the root to get to the coin. It turned out to be a slick Standing Liberty. I don't know how I ever missed that one when I first hunted the yard, but I sure did.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1264.JPG
    IMG_1264.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 21

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job tabman! Love how you show all the junk you dig up too on the bucket lid each hunt. Shows how much work goes with it. That SLQ is awesome and one on my list for sure.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COINgtrats on the multi silver day Tabman!
Ill say finding an SLQ is way better than being given one!
Your bucket lid looks like a Frisbee Golf Disc lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post Tabman you are the great example of why permissions work I still haven't done it yet I'm sure after the first few it gets easier, Great finds you deserve them

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds- I love SLQs...

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did have a busy day! Glad it paid off. Congrats!
Thanks! Aleve is better than Advil. LOL

Nice job tabman! Love how you show all the junk you dig up too on the bucket lid each hunt. Shows how much work goes with it. That SLQ is awesome and one on my list for sure.
Thanks! I used to dig a lot more, but I've slowed down in past few years.

COINgtrats on the multi silver day Tabman!
Ill say finding an SLQ is way better than being given one!
Your bucket lid looks like a Frisbee Golf Disc lol
Thanks! I like taking pictures of all my finds.

Thanks for the post Tabman you are the great example of why permissions work I still haven't done it yet I'm sure after the first few it gets easier, Great finds you deserve them
Thanks! I did get a no today! Not really, he just wouldn't say yes, so I didn't press him. Believe it or not, must people say yes you go about asking in the right way.

Congrats on the great finds- I love SLQs...

-- Jeff --
Thanks, me too! I seemed to be attracted to Rosie dimes though. LOL

It’s a good hunt anytime you find a SLQ and silver GW! Congratulations!
Thanks! I love finding quarters a lot more than I do dimes.

tabman

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Silver Quarters is a great day. You may have had to bounce around a little but it was so worth it.
Congratulations

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver king strikes again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread