Holy Guacamole Se Habla Espanol !!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Just when I thought I couldn't have a hunt to top the 1857 Flying Eagle first along with the crazy 14K diamond ring in the ripped in half zip lock bag find, well. The finds are from my last two excursions into this ploughed field. I'll get right to the MEAT of the discoveries. I worked my way deeper into the field and I get a very nice repeatable signal around 78. I am thinking a penny. I dig this thin "silver" thing folded over 90 degrees clean in half. Hmmm?:dontknow: I could barely make out a few letters but had no clue what it was.

Having a pouch full of iron that needed emptied I made it back to the CV. I figured I'd grab the 10X loupe to get a closer look at my mystery silver find. Sure enough, 1784 Carolus III Spanish Flipping SILVER!:o:headbang: I was planning on going back into the field but, said to myself, that's enough buddy. I believe this is a 20 mm one reale coin. Not much for details as it's well worn and bent over pretty good. BUT HEY, I made it into the 1700's Club along with my FIRST Spanish Silver EVER! What a crazy weekend this has been. I must give ya'll some credit for stoking my boiler to continue on even in the cold. Witnessing other T-netters out there freezing their buttocks off getting a few more keepers has challenged me to keep after it as well.

I got some other really cool old relics to go along with my 1784 reale but, I am too drained to give descriptions so just enjoy the pictures. Ya'll be blessed as I know I am for certain. Thanks again for all your encouragement and stopping by to support my efforts here on T-net. Kurios1

1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 001.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 005.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 006.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 007.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 008.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 009.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 019.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 013.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 015.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 023.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 024.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 016.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 017.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 018.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 021.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 022.JPG

Upvote 48

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two words "torpedo heater". Get a propane one and some Ez Up tents and you can extend this awesome site for another month. Huge congrats!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muy caliente, Senor. ��

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

LOL! Se. Gracias. Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut twice a day as they say. I have been pretty fortunate the last few days to have some very memorable hunts. I am blessed to have some fertile hunting sights right within my little rural community. Seems to be even more history to this little hamlet than I ever considered. Just scratching the surface so far. Must be more memories waiting to be made straight ahead!:hello:

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds and making that 1700s coin find. Looks to be the size of a 2 real but at least a one.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and making that 1700s coin find. Looks to be the size of a 2 real but at least a one.

Certainly not an expert on Spanish reales. It's about the size of a US Nickel but, maybe a hair bigger. I never expected to see one come up out of the dirt. Quite the unexpected and welcome surprise. Thanks brother.:icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Kevin your freakin digging some serious treasure I'm very happy for ya this is what its all about those 3 finds are amazing what a great addiction to have!!!!!!!! Hook line sinker. Keep it up bro don't tell your permission giver he might toss ya off his land and go out and buy a detector himself LOL. Thanks for the post Kevin

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Kevin your freakin digging some serious treasure I'm very happy for ya this is what its all about those 3 finds are amazing what a great addiction to have!!!!!!!! Hook line sinker. Keep it up bro don't tell your permission giver he might toss ya off his land and go out and buy a detector himself LOL. Thanks for the post Kevin

Thanks Tommy. Been having a riot in this little section of field. Makes me wonder how many more first finds may be waiting out there? The owner is my next door neighbor. He can barely walk. He might commission me to find the good stuff but, I think he really doesn't care what I find.:hello:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tommy. Been having a riot in this little section of field. Makes me wonder how many more first finds may be waiting out there? The owner is my next door neighbor. He can barely walk. He might commission me to find the good stuff but, I think he really doesn't care what I find.:hello:
Funny thing is I here a lot of people hanging up their detectors for the winter I do a lot of detecting in the winter less people certain spots like the woods the ground doesn't freeze cause of all the leaves plus I have an addictive personality, If I found those finds you did Id be out in a blizzard with a pick and a torch and a shantee I'm sure I didn't spell that right anyway I love seeing people in the tnet family making finds like that. I know you deserve it my friend!!!@@ Tommy

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two words "torpedo heater". Get a propane one and some Ez Up tents and you can extend this awesome site for another month. Huge congrats!

Thanks but, please try not to give me any ideas to extend my season! LOL! I actually probably need a break to catch up on some of my priorities that have taken a back seat to chasing after a few more keepers. Torpedo Heater? Hmmm? :laughing9:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Spanish silver Kurios. Keep scratching (no pun intended) those coins off your bucket list !

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt! So many would of just walked on a field such as this, but no you just plug away digging the iron, bits and bobs that alone is a hats off to you.
Then out of the blue comes the rewards and a true lesson for many that sticking to what at times seems a stinking spot great keepers are there.
So CONGRATS!!! on your first Spanish silver, and yet another check mark on the bucket list. WTG Kevin.:coffee2:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! So many would of just walked on a field such as this, but no you just plug away digging the iron, bits and bobs that alone is a hats off to you.
Then out of the blue comes the rewards and a true lesson for many that sticking to what at times seems a stinking spot great keepers are there.
So CONGRATS!!! on your first Spanish silver, and yet another check mark on the bucket list. WTG Kevin.:coffee2:

Thank you my friend. You and a few others have been very kind and considerate toward me and it matters. A few pointers here and there and a lot of encouragement has made a HUGE difference in my hunting style. I can honestly state without ANY hesitation registering on T-net has made me a heck of a lot better treasure hunter. I glean a bit of knowledge from you all. Much appreciated for sure.:icon_salut:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a way to close out 2017
Congrats

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that folded Spanish coin K1!
tacos you get.jpg

Congratulations, Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that folded Spanish coin K1!
View attachment 1525486

Congratulations, Sub 8-)

HA HA! I do TOO! Heck, it ain't worth squat so ya' might as well have a coin with some character. Makes for some more interesting fantasies running through my head about how it got that way. Gonna' go searching for more of his buddies that may have shared the same fate. ADIOS!!!:headbang:

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome. Welcome to the 1700’s silver club! [emoji106]

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Spanish! I have been able to straighten bent Spanish silver before that were literally folded like a taco. But they had more of a radius in the bend. Yours almost looks scored on the inside of the bend, so I'm not sure it would survive in one piece if you tried to straighten it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread