Holy Guacamole Se Habla Espanol !!!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Just when I thought I couldn't have a hunt to top the 1857 Flying Eagle first along with the crazy 14K diamond ring in the ripped in half zip lock bag find, well. The finds are from my last two excursions into this ploughed field. I'll get right to the MEAT of the discoveries. I worked my way deeper into the field and I get a very nice repeatable signal around 78. I am thinking a penny. I dig this thin "silver" thing folded over 90 degrees clean in half. Hmmm?:dontknow: I could barely make out a few letters but had no clue what it was.

Having a pouch full of iron that needed emptied I made it back to the CV. I figured I'd grab the 10X loupe to get a closer look at my mystery silver find. Sure enough, 1784 Carolus III Spanish Flipping SILVER!:o:headbang: I was planning on going back into the field but, said to myself, that's enough buddy. I believe this is a 20 mm one reale coin. Not much for details as it's well worn and bent over pretty good. BUT HEY, I made it into the 1700's Club along with my FIRST Spanish Silver EVER! What a crazy weekend this has been. I must give ya'll some credit for stoking my boiler to continue on even in the cold. Witnessing other T-netters out there freezing their buttocks off getting a few more keepers has challenged me to keep after it as well.

I got some other really cool old relics to go along with my 1784 reale but, I am too drained to give descriptions so just enjoy the pictures. Ya'll be blessed as I know I am for certain. Thanks again for all your encouragement and stopping by to support my efforts here on T-net. Kurios1

1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 001.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 005.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 006.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 007.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 008.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 009.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 019.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 013.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 015.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 023.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 024.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 016.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 017.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 018.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 021.JPG 1784 Carolus III SILVER Se Habla 022.JPG

Upvote 48

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy Guacamole indeed! Congrats on your first Real!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Giant congrats on the Spanish Silver. That is so cool.

1700s Silver is the real deal... get it?

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the good finds coming and big congrats on the Spanish taco shell. :occasion14:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Awesome week you've had!!!!!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the good finds coming and big congrats on the Spanish taco shell. :occasion14:

ROFLMAO!!! You just nick named my first Spanish Silver Coin! The "Taco" shell. SWEET!:headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice relics and real coin! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome week you've had!!!!!

Thanks mate. It usually takes me about two years to notch off another Bucket List item. Having three take the plunge in a few days is a BIG thrill for sure. First Flying Eagle-1857, First 1700's coin, First Spanish Silver Reale. Flipping crazy few days. I am TOTALLY sold out on hunting fields. Me and my Predator D95 shovel will be putting lots of miles on in them fields from here on out.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the nice relics and real coin! :occasion14:

Thanks Professor. I witnessed my buddy hit the Spanish Silver 1700's club on a sidewalk strip in Dixon, Illinois a few years back. I honestly didn't expect to find one for myself before I kicked the bucket. Now I got that little sucker and it's GONE from my bucket list! I'll sleep well tonight.:icon_thumright:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet !!!! Kevins on a roll !! Gettin in the zone now. Congrats on taking down those bucket listers. That spanish silver is so satisfying isnt it !!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds Kurios! Congratulations on the Spanish silver....:icon_thumright:
Keep on keeping on. It paid off!!!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet !!!! Kevins on a roll !! Gettin in the zone now. Congrats on taking down those bucket listers. That spanish silver is so satisfying isnt it !!

KILLED three Bucket list items this week! First Flying Eagle Cent-1857, first 1700's coin, first Spanish silver reale. Not sure if I have an encore in me?!?:dontknow: Thanks mate. It's been a fun few days in the cold.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold,, what Cold??
As Hot as you are? Lol
Congrats on the Sweet Spanish Silver.

Thanks buddy. At the rate I am going I will probably get pick ax to chisel my way into the frozen dirt! I dress warm so the weather hasn't been too much of a problem. Finding great finds definitely takes my mind off the cold!:hello:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the spanish silver,you give the rest of us illinoisans hope of someday finding one.

Thanks neighbor. This is the third one I know of personally dug here in Illinois. I never expected to get one. Just a few hundred feet from where I sit comfortably responding to your post. Keep after it and you just may swing your coil over one!:hello:

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big-0-Congrats on the silver taco. Man, you have had a killer weekend. I'm sure it's going to go down in the record books. I'm thinking the weather is supposed to be really nice tomorrow.... are you going to work?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big-0-Congrats on the silver taco. Man, you have had a killer weekend. I'm sure it's going to go down in the record books. I'm thinking the weather is supposed to be really nice tomorrow.... are you going to work?

Unfortunately yes. It's our busy season and I am the little motor that makes things go. Fork lift driver. My back up is a slug and can never keep up with the busy pace of our line. I will continue to wander aimlessly through this little 26 acre field until it freezes over for good. This weekend's finds have me pretty excited what else may be lurking in this dirt. Thanks for stopping in mate. Love my little silver Taco!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions