Not Much BUT, a HUGE Thank YA'LL!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Still buzzing from some Bucket List KILLS I headed out into the field. I had some company. I tried to work around the area the reale popped up in but, not much for good targets. Within an hour the SNOW popped up a plenty! Not one to get scared off by snowflakes,:laughing7:, I kept swinging. I got some old lead, an interesting button, some large nickel plated brass thingy with a gear on the backside, piece of a crotal bell, and plenty of iron and trash.

The main reason for this post sure ain't the finds. I just wish to convey my heart felt gratitude for all the wonderful encouragement and support I have received here on T-net. Although I've been after treasure for nine years I still have a lot to learn about getting consistently good recoveries. I feel I have grown more this season then all the rest combined. Taking notes from many members who know the ropes and score the goods on a consistent basis. I am excited for the future and have greater expectancy for some really cool finds.

So although I have not closed the door on this season I know the reality of winter hunting slows things down and daylight savings time just stinks. LOL! I'll be around but, just not as much. Thanks again and all you fair weather hunters please keep the rest of us in hibernation up north entertained this winter. Thanks again for the support and stopping by. Kurios1:icon_salut:

24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 002.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 004.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 006.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 008.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 007.JPG 24 Hours After Reale SNOW! 012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 29

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy seeing what you have found on your hunting excursions. Hope you can get
some more hunting trips in before that Northern winter shuts you down! Good luck to you.....pirates don't give up easily! :skullflag:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice sentiments K1

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said Kurios I truly feel the same way. I love the TNet community that I lean on, because no one in my small world detects, so it a great outlet for me to show off my hard work and dedication and getting a pat on the back and a “good job” means the world to me. Thanks guys and thank you Kurios1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you want a real laugh I'll send you some naked pics of my body

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy seeing what you have found on your hunting excursions. Hope you can get
some more hunting trips in before that Northern winter shuts you down! Good luck to you.....pirates don't give up easily! :skullflag:

OH, you know matey! The woods are the last spots to freeze if they freeze at all. We'll see if there's anything to plunder in there before it's all said and done!:blackbeard::skullflag::icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want a real laugh I'll send you some naked pics of my body

Sorry, but I am eating Frijoles a la Mexicana in honor of my reale find yesterday. I would hate to spew that out all over my monitor!:icon_pale::nono::stop:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good, I can't find my wide angle lens anyways

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen brother. You do a fine job and have had a great season especially killing NICKELS!!!:whip2: Keep up the great work and cool posts. I have enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate your presence here on T-net.:icon_salut:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back at you Kurios1, Tnet is a great community, and you are a valuable part of the family. :icon_thumleft:

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice post Kurios1. Hope you have many more bucketlisters next year and who knows, maybe some more Spanish Guacamoles before the years end.
Good luck man!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice huntin' in the inclement weather and thanks for sharing with all of us!!!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've really ended the year with some awesome finds. I've been stuck in the concrete jungle on business trips last couple of weeks so your pics of soon frozen fields don't look that bad.... congrats for getting out again!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep up the hard work. It pays off nicely once in a while.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work Kevin! 🙌 I tried to get a quick one in at a new location in Mendota today, but as soon as I got there, the snow started. Only had the E-Trac with me...not the AT Pro. 😞

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're very much a part of the TNET community.
Thanks for sharing your hunts and some really great
finds.
We got snow on the ground where I am and there is more coming. Tomorrow night is our club Christmas party and then we shut down for January and February.
Have a great holiday season

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin we all have a spot in this tnet family were all addicted to a hobby many don't understand . Thanks for all your great posts and support to all of us on here dude you freakin hit pay dirt you deserve it brother Ill be watching for some more great finds from ya... Tommy

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Well put Kevin! Really enjoyed seeing your finds, especially the last couple of month's. I'm sure you'll be chompin' at the bit to get out next spring! No tellin' what other cool finds you'll be pullin' from the field's. We may not have the really old treasure's like the east coast or oversea's, but you made Fema Region 5 proud:icon_thumright: Time to admire your finds and shine up Command Central:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread