Today I Smashed My Old Record

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My old record was 2 quarters in one hole. LOL Today I found a stack of 13 quarters in one hole. I almost passed it up because it was so shallow and loud. One of these days I'm going to unearth a huge stack of silver quarters out of one hole. That day is coming!

I took my newly acquired MXT Pro out for a test run today to see what it could do. The site I selected wasn't really old enough to produce much, if any silver, but I did manage to find 4 wheat pennies and a deep US military button before heading out to older ground.

I went to a old site that I call EMI Hell to see how the MXT Pro would handle the EMI. To my surprise it didn't seem to bother the detector at all. I only detected there for a short while, but I managed to find a couple of really deep wheat pennies in all the thick trash using the big 950 search coil. It was nulling out like crazy but still finding stuff. I can't wait to go back with one of my new smaller search coils that I just ordered. I'm going to have a hay day.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    746.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    714.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    513.8 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 26

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Moly quarters everywhere! My record is 8, my old (now off limits) soccer field coughed them up. Glad you and your new machine are coming together..wifey bought me a shiny new At Max for my bday 3 weeks ago, but I haven't had time to test drive it. Congrats on your new record...Ddf.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love coin spills and quarter spills are the bomb! I think you will remember this recovery for a long time to come :occasion14:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're out there. Great find! 🙌 My best was seven silver GW's in one hole. Yours beats my best ever multi-denomination spill (12). 😱

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent quarter bonanza! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A man could make a great living digging $3.25 per plug. I was thinking you broke last year's silver totals. As I remember you killed it last year with quite a silver streak.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Moly quarters everywhere! My record is 8, my old (now off limits) soccer field coughed them up. Glad you and your new machine are coming together..wifey bought me a shiny new At Max for my bday 3 weeks ago, but I haven't had time to test drive it. Congrats on your new record...Ddf.
Thanks! Records are made to be broken.

Thanks! I love the Fonz.

You done good congrats
Thanks! It was my first time out with this detector, so I'm happy with the results.

I love coin spills and quarter spills are the bomb! I think you will remember this recovery for a long time to come :occasion14:
Thanks! It put a big smile on my face.

They're out there. Great find!  My best was seven silver GW's in one hole. Yours beats my best ever multi-denomination spill (12). 

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app
Thanks! If I found 7 silver quarters in one hole, Id be doing a happy dance!

Excellent quarter bonanza! :occasion14:
Thanks! There were loads of quarters at that site. Enough to pay for gas money.

A man could make a great living digging $3.25 per plug. I was thinking you broke last year's silver totals. As I remember you killed it last year with quite a silver streak.
Thanks! I haven't counted yet, but I don't think I will beat my last year's record of 253 silver coins in 101 hunts or was that 251 coins in 103 hunts. It's posted somewhere.

tabman

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh man, this screen is either too small or my eyes need some sleep. Looking at your first pic Tabman I thought that was an arm with a red Tshirt sleeve reaching into the hole. Only really paying attention to the quarters, and I am thinking what the heck is that, man if those are quarters then this fella has about the smallest arm I have ever seen.

whatanass I am; nice work Tabman.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, this screen is either too small or my eyes need some sleep. Looking at your first pic Tabman I thought that was an arm with a red Tshirt sleeve reaching into the hole. Only really paying attention to the quarters, and I am thinking what the heck is that, man if those are quarters then this fella has about the smallest arm I have ever seen.

:laughing9:

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I miss my old MXT. I think before long, Lord willing, I'll have me another one. Super hot on nickles. Great find and enjoy the sweet rig!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13!!??!! That is just crazy! Congrats

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great that you are still hitting it hard. Last night's snowfall pretty much removed my denial. It's over.
Thanks! I'm shut down for a few weeks in the summertime just because I don't like the heat. I can hunt 98% of the time during the winter months. The only other thing that shuts me down from detecting is the rain.

Thanks! That's a Garrett Pro Pointer with a protective cover on it stuck in the hole.

Thanks!

What kinda area is this ? Old Gangster hide out, Crazy ?
I'm still trying to figure out why someone had 13 quarters in their pocket and lost them in a single stack.

I miss my old MXT. I think before long, Lord willing, I'll have me another one. Super hot on nickles. Great find and enjoy the sweet rig!
Thanks! I have a lot to learn about this detector. So far I'm totally amazed.

Awesome hunt and quarter spill recovery!
Thanks! I can't wait to get back at it again. I've been tied up for the last few days including tomorrow.

13!!??!! That is just crazy! Congrats
Thanks! I looked hard for the 14th one. LOL

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread