more things I found on church lot yesterday

B

boojagirl

These are the other things I found on the church lot, the first thing is a different look at one I posted yesterday, ignore the jar lid in the back, the 2nd thing is the heel and little bit of a boot, to date my wierdest find, the 3rd thing I think is bike brakes and the 4th is of course a variety of nails I found. Also do you think the outdoor skating rink would be a place to look? I don't know who I would ask about it cause I don't know who owns it.

Attachments

• P1010339.JPG
    P1010339.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 673
  • P1010340.JPG
    P1010340.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 675
  • P1010341.JPG
    P1010341.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 672
  • P1010342.JPG
    P1010342.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Do I see square nails there? If so they are old and anywhere I have found them I have found older coins.

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

mastereagle22 said:
Do I see square nails there? If so they are old and anywhere I have found them I have found older coins.
yea those are those old square nails, I am still going over the church lot, and I asked my neighbor who is a cop who owns the old skating rink and he said the city does but he dos'nt see why I can't go detect on there as long as I don't leave 2 many holes, I have gotten pretty good at not leaving a trace of a hole, depending on the grass of course.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...I like those old rusty square nails. Keep digging.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I'd agree that you need to keep going back. Might be a silver coin hiding there for you to recover!! Nice finds!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Boojy, find yourself a tot lot or two and hit em, it will give you a nice boost of confidence in your machine plus, more than likely, give you some change to spend. You would be surprised what the kids and their parent/baby sitters lose in the park and school playgrounds. Keep digging and have fun! ;D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looking good on your finds. The square nails are a hint something good might be hiding there. Keep it up and you'll be surprised at what you find.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i agree on the square nails could be silver around, goodluck ;)

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I have to agree,get them kids and that detector out to some woodchips,it really really improve your detecting ability and fill up your pocketbook,then you can go back to the more difficult areas with a lot more confidence. Steadily working the tot lots will buy you a new detector in short order,HH...Shoot

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
The strange looking thing..... looks like a bursh, or body scrub.The handel has been broken and repaired.

OP
OP
B

boojagirl

dunn1866 said:
The strange looking thing..... looks like a bursh, or body scrub.The handel has been broken and repaired.
if the strange thing you mean is the thing in the 2nd photo that is the heel and part of the sole of an old boot, there is still some dry grass on it.

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
i found some square nails on my property to,cool stuff

R

RUDY2003

Nice huntin' spot girl!
Mastereagle is right on with the square nails.
There will be older coinage there....

Good luck and keep diggin'...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread