Got the bucket lister! ''The Two Tens'' - My best preserved Burgoyne's Army button.

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With the last possible hunt this year, decided to hit an area where I have found an other Burgoyne's Army button a few months back.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/556501-rare-type-revolutionary-war-button-amazing-condition.html
The spot is a long drive from my usual hunting grounds and with a very limited daylight this time of year I couldn't expect a long hunt. Not sure why I went after all but something was calling me there. The plowed field was partially frozen so had to concentrate around the patches of land on the sides of the field where it was still relatively soft. As I said in my previous post for some reason Deus just loves partially frozen ground, the signals were clear and I could easily separate the deep iron from the non ferrous. I put the machine on the deepest setting and started scanning the ground. After 40 min. of the hunt got a nice deep signal, in the small coin range. From a pinpointer depth removed the chunk of earth containing the find. I could only see a silver edge of a medium sized item so the first thought that went through my mind was ''an other Real''. You can imagine how excited I was at that point. Carefully removed the earth from the item only to realize that it's something I have never found before but certainly not a coin. Than it hit me...An other 20th!
I couldn't believe my eye's. Even with the earth still stuck to it the button looked in absolutely amazing condition.

20171211_185215[3701].jpg

It's my first Revolutionary War British 20th Regiment of Foot wreath design button.

DSC_0089.JPG 20171211_185335[3700].jpg

The condition of this thing is stunning. Every leaf of the raised pattern wreath is clearly visible, same goes for the XX At first I thought I damaged it with my shovel as its circle seemed a bit out of shape, but after washing the dirt off it seems to be cast this way. Again, I believe the depth combined with lack of oxygen made sure it did not deteriorate after almost 250 years spent in the ground. The regiment history and the almost miraculous conservation state of such a delicate ''raised'' pattern makes me think it's my favorite Revolutionary War find since I started detecting. (I hope my other buttons won't mind me saying that :laughing7:)

20171213_185109[3718].jpg
Inked20171213_161315[3690]_LI.jpg
Ref: Insignia of independence (Troiani,Kochan)

As you have probably guessed, super excited about my latest Revolutionary War relic. A great closing of the season! :headbang:

P.S. And here's the weather in Quebec.
20171213_174114[3716].jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 55

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that is a stunning button and yes it's in super shape.
Love the double XX and wreath design.
Gotto vote banner on this one.
Congrats

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No button expert here, but wow...she IS a beauty! Congrats on a spectacular save, truly a very significant relic you've unearthed there! Ddf.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
when you come out swinging for the fences and hit a home run like that!
that's out of the park!

fantastic find!
lots of nice stuff coming out these days

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So good that in the dug pic a person would think reproduction! I like the style you went out in! :headbang:

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that is a stunning button and yes it's in super shape.
Love the double XX and wreath design.
Gotto vote banner on this one.
Congrats

Thanks Tony. Probably my favorite design. Only saw them in the book before, really nice to add it to my collection.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a beauty! Thank you for making me want to get back out there.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The history and condition of this remarkable find is simply amazing! Way to get on the road and follow your hunch. It led you straight to the GLORY hole! Beautiful recovery along with your research and gut instinct. Treasure hunting brilliance!:icon_salut:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude are you kidding me???? Super BANNER! Love it

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few of this type but that is 10 times nicer condition than any of mine - very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread