Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys this has been a amazing end of the year special for me. At a total of 10 3 ringers I️ add 2 more and one being my first .69 cal Confederate 3 ringer what a monster. I️ love this lead when your plug is 6” down a no signal from the pin-pointer so you dig a little more and there’s a faint hit and another inch and it’s hitting hard. Great feeling. I️ also go a fold lead piece with a string in it that was pretty deep and a bow piece (not silver) with a copper strap on the back. Very weird signal. Any suggestions on what it could be? IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1841.JPG IMG_1842.JPG IMG_1843.JPG IMG_1844.JPG IMG_1845.JPG IMG_1846.JPG IMG_1847.JPG

Upvote 15

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those 69s are big boys for sure. Can you imagine carrying 40 rounds of those. No wonder they got dropped.
The folded peice is interesting. Maybe a gaming peice, hard to tell. I've found some carved bullets that are some of my favorite finds. You never know what a bored Soldier would have done too pass the time.
Congratulations on another great hunt!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those 69s are big boys for sure. Can you imagine carrying 40 rounds of those. No wonder they got dropped.
The folded peice is interesting. Maybe a gaming peice, hard to tell. I've found some carved bullets that are some of my favorite finds. You never know what a bored Soldier would have done too pass the time.
Congratulations on another great hunt!

A carved piece would surely be a special find. relic nut it must of been hell in those boys in the Civil War.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your continued string of bullet finds. You will have a pile shortly, at this rate.

Best of luck to you sir.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
988AE9BC-30A6-4A4D-BEC4-F6D02CF0234A.gif

We gonna have to call you “The Bullet Whisperer”

Thanx for sharing

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find what I enjoy hunting. Those .69 cal are something I have dug a just a few. I wonder what the powder charge was for them?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1526340

We gonna have to call you “The Bullet Whisperer”

Thanx for sharing

I️ swear I️ feel like one well until this spot runs out. Then hopefully I’ll run into another patch. I️ still don’t get what I’m not finding anything else. Buckles, buttons or other relics.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That .69 is a beast!! I couldn’t imagine catching that one!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m quite envious of your lead finds. You are rocking it.

It amazing to me. Wondering why I️ don’t find any other relics or coins just deep bullets. And not to mention you have to go slow and listen because you VDI is only 20% of it the rest is depth and percentages of a high range number that comes up because in a park it’s hard to find with inches of trash above your target. Now I’ll swing fast over after the fact to get more intel but initial strike is mostly by being slow and low and attentiveness to your machine.

The “park” bullet whisper has spoken :laughing

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory on that.
Most of the big stuff, like buckles have been found, ether picked up years ago or found by hunters because of the screaming signal. Buttons around here don't hold up well after all these years and many tons of fertilizer, both man made and natural. I probably find one out of three that's not falling apart. Don't know how much longer they will survive, at least here. One of the old time diggers that we have learned a lot from here said that they would get tired of digging bullets and mainly targeted the bigger relics. (I was born too late). You are obviously on good ground and there are still some other relics there. Be patient my friend and it will happen. I think we appreciate finds more than the old timers because we have to work harder to get them, but that just makes them that much better when we do.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a lot of nice bullets your finding, no telling what’s in that good ground! No matter where you got hit by one of those you were done for the day! Very nice hunt you had! Good luck to you!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a theory on that.
Most of the big stuff, like buckles have been found, ether picked up years ago or found by hunters because of the screaming signal. Buttons around here don't hold up well after all these years and many tons of fertilizer, both man made and natural. I probably find one out of three that's not falling apart. Don't know how much longer they will survive, at least here. One of the old time diggers that we have learned a lot from here said that they would get tired of digging bullets and mainly targeted the bigger relics. (I was born too late). You are obviously on good ground and there are still some other relics there. Be patient my friend and it will happen. I think we appreciate finds more than the old timers because we have to work harder to get them, but that just makes them that much better when we do.

I️ agree I️ cherish a wheatie because IHP’s are so few and in between. When I️ do luck up and get a IHP I️ freak out. A large cent would blow my mind...I️ truly feel we had no large cents in Southern Louisiana unless those old timers just sucked them all up. But I’m still praying one day [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a lot of nice bullets your finding, no telling what’s in that good ground! No matter where you got hit by one of those you were done for the day! Very nice hunt you had! Good luck to you!

There once was a leg.....now not so much.:laughing

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some very nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread