Hell On Wheels!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to area that I detected on my last outing to see if could find some more treasure. Just a few hundred feet from where I parked at on my last hunt I saw this poor car without any wheels. I always try to stay within sight of my SUV. They're bad about breaking into cars and robbing people at gun point.

After arriving at the site, I spoke with one of the maintenance workers for a good 15 to 20 minutes about muscle cars of the 60's and 70's before I started detecting. Nice guy, he put me on to some other sites that I might want to check out.

Before the day was over I managed to find one wheat penny, a Mercury dime, a 925 silver ring and some clad coins. The Mercury dime came from across the street in a grassy strip in front of a mid-thirties home. So far I haven't been able to find any silver coins at the apartment site. It's time for me to find another site to detect for my next outing.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    603 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1276.JPG
    IMG_1276.JPG
    523.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1277.JPG
    IMG_1277.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    731.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1282.JPG
    IMG_1282.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Upvote 23

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done on the silver Tabman,,
Reminds me of growing up in The South Bronx.
A screwdriver and a pair of channel locks and some people could strip your car in 5 minutes.

First nice dig's Tab-Man.

Reminds me of some 'Hood's I hunt on Sunday Mornings'.

Love the thieves use of the Log , guess Cinder Blocks are 'Tool's to commit a crime' , so they ride with firewood ???
Or make use of what in the environment

Many 'Sweet ' Luxury Cars have been stolen off the Lot's in the past Few months around the ATL. .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman and his tailgunner out for a little detecting in Germantown, Tennessee...
View attachment 1526720

Congrats on the Merc, but the silver ring wins the day. What an unusual style! Are those onyx stones? Sub 8-)

That's a great example of detecting in the rough parts of Town.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
>must have had custom wheels, who would steal stock rims?

Someone with a drug problem, looking for a quick fix. Even scoring a ten or twenty bucks for used tires is important to an addict, unfortunately.

Be careful detecting over there!

Yep, they will steal from you or kill you for little of nothing. Then there are the gang members that just want to prove how bad they are.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's ridiculous. I hate thieves. I think when caught they should be beaten to the very edge of death and after they recover, do it again as a reminder

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's ridiculous. I hate thieves. I think when caught they should be beaten to the very edge of death and after they recover, do it again as a reminder

LOL
Remind me not to step on yr lawn.

Also will love to see my Ga Bulldogs beat yr Sooners in the Rose Bowl , but we Atlanta & Georgia folk are used to heart-Break.
May the best team win. SEC ,SEC!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread