Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morning hunt in the woods with "jamie1993" started out with a piece of a harmonica reed.
IMG_6032.JPG

Not long after this I got a wheat cent - 1934
34 wheat.jpg

We made it close to the ridgeline and I proceeded up to the top; the area had been logged in the last couple years and wasn't easy to detect but a banging signal turned our to be an Iphone6; I cleaned it and now have it in a bag of rice and will attempt to charge it later in the week.

i6.jpg

We called that hunt to the an end and Jamie headed home and I went to another site.
I tried a few spots and then walked a line across the field and got a mid-tone, a solid 50, sort of loud.
Well, I had dug a number of pull tabs already, but this was not a pull tab.
Turned out to be a 14KT wedding band.
14KT ring.jpg

Upvote 26
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Tony! Diggin' gold makes it seem more like pirating to me, but "buried treasure" comes in many forms.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Brad,

One trash target I've been digging a lot of lately is the proverbial "hot rock"; usually black and sometimes looks like coal. It always sounds better in the ground than out. Sometimes I get sort of stuck digging broken tones; it's like I forget that the F-75 will usually id decent deep targets clearly.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Elementary" my dear Watson"...just 4 inches deep and in the bottom of the plug when I turned it over.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx pepperj! I've probably walked over rings in past hunts, not bothering with the "trashy" sounding mid-tones, but I think that has more to do with the nature of city parks in Baltimore. Most are so jammed with garbage that you'd spent most of your time de-junking the field. "Deep" mid-tones, however, usually are something good.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Art! It's been a little cold here, but I've still been able to get out. Friday it was freezing but the hands did warm after awhile; snow chased me home.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Ken! You bet! We all dream of finding it and it's encouraging to see it "in the hole", or "in the plug" as it was with this bad boy. GL & HH!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey McD...Congrats on an excellent hunt
with a good friend...don't get any better than that! The gold...simply a bonus, icing on the cake, Ddf.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those gold rings the vdi doent bounce more than 1 to 3 numbers not like a pop top 10 or more great job my friend!!!! Happy holidays also Tommy

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx for that Tommy! That's the same advice as from jamie1993. Gotta pay attention to the numbers and how solid it is. One number I've been passing up on is a solid 31 to 33 signal and was wondering if this a certain kind of pull tab or a nickel; it's usually loud and shallow. I'll dig a few and find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread