Finally, first gold in 30 years, the curse is broken - also a tiny silver ring

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there something wrong with TNet tonight? I've been trying to post pictures and it freezes up each time. I'll try to post the pictures again later or tomorrow.

Indian Steve & I went out for about 3 1/2 hours today. I dug up this ear thingy and walked over & showed it to Steve. There's no marking on it, but Steve immediately said it was gold. So I acid tested it first with the 14k solution and it failed. Then I tested it with the 10k solution and it passed beautifully. It weighs only 1.42 grams, but it's gold. Praise the Lord! Now that must open the door to more, right?

Also found a tiny silver ring, weighs in at .89 grams. Plus 29 clad coins for $1.85

Now to send this and will once again post pictures.

YeeHaa!

Upvote 22
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold is always a good jump start on detecting!!!!!! Now you will be hammering those rings Good job!! Happy Holidays my friend!! Tommy

What is it? Every year I'm heading up your way and we're talking, yet we still haven't run into each other!

I'm driving up to Royal Oak this Friday, the 22nd to be with my son and daughter until the 26th when I return home. I don't have a cell phone, no point - they don't work up this holler, which is where I stay most of the time.

But I will still have access here. There's a city block park right across from my son's apartment. He has a busy life, but in the years he's lived there He's only seen one fellow swinging a coil. I've always chickened out, too cold when I'm up there, or busy with other more serious things. I'll be looking at the weather forecasts as I prepare to leave.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, you too Loco!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Tejon worked really well for you.......very nice. Gold and silver. :icon_thumright:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!?! 30 years. That's crazy. I don't even target gold but, just dig lots of garbage from the low tones up and have three real gold rings. I have another little gold pin as well. Nothing to brag about for sure but, I can't imagine hunting 30 years without any gold? I have to say I am certainly grateful to hear you have firmly placed your heel on the devil's neck. Now finish him off and get about finding some more gold my friend. Congrats on putting an end to this long dry spell. May the wellsprings bring forth plenty of yellow goodness.:goldtrophy::coins::2barsgold::gold-bracelet::3barsgold::cool:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Golden Ticket! :hello2::headbang::icon_thumleft::occasion14:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow!?! 30 years. That's crazy.

Well, I left the hobby after the job in Massachusetts and did not return until I retired. Those years between were filled with a whole lot of trouble, the divorce wars. I took far too much punishment in those times, one suit after another, took everything I had except this farm. I defended this farm, my sanctuary. It cost just about everything else. In the end I ended up with my 3 kids, they were all that mattered.

That's all over now, was before I retired. That 30 year absence wasn't because I didn't want to get my hands dirty again, it was because of the fight we must all face someday = always doing what's right regardless of how much it hurt.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I turned the CTX on and ran the earring across the coil multiple times. The most repeated FE-CO number recorded was 11-23.

It is unlikely I'd have dug that number

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice gold! There's more out there.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turned the CTX on and ran the earring across the coil multiple times. The most repeated FE-CO number recorded was 11-23.

It is unlikely I'd have dug that number

Good point, I wonder that with all the advancements in detectors, all the information given and multi adjustments and programs etc, that we begin to OVER analyze each target to where the fun begins to go out of it. It is a easy thing to do, I have done that as well, but sometimes you just need to go a little bit back to the basics. I dig a lot of trash, because of those many "iffy" signals. I am NO expert, and right now I use a AT Pro and Minelab Safari, and I really do like the Safari, and I understand it. I do use the screen, but more as a reference point, I go far more by sound. I have never used the Tejon or the CTX, both good machines by all accounts, and as with so many other detectors, I think most all would agree they are like different tools for different jobs. Good Thread, kind of makes you slow down a little and think about it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay, the truth from this end. The CTX is an incredible machine of science. And that science makes you stop at every single signal looking at the screen, the numbers. All the while I was doing that, I dug very little trash, still digging by the sounds in the ground and of course looking at the numbers. Meanwhile Steve and his Tejon dug 2 to 3 as many times the targets. He dug a lot of trash. But he didn't miss any of the good stuff.

And today I dug the most trash of any hunt since I returned to the hobby, more than double my 31 good targets today. I'm hunting with the Tejon just like I hunted in the early 1980's, by sound. The more you dig in a hunt, the far better chance you have of digging up something good. To me, the Tejon is back to the basics.

I'll still use the CTX, but I know better than going up against Steve with his Tejon for another butt whipping :)

Well done on the gold and silver.
When I got my first Minelab 10yrs ago someone stated this very helpful hint "put tape across the screen" not literally but don't look at the screen, as the sounds are the key not what the screen says. I'd be hard pressed to tell you what a Minelab screen readings are showing except for glancing down at the main numbers after hearing the diggable signal.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first piece of gold. I hope many more follow (but sooner than 30 years) !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread