Finally, first gold in 30 years, the curse is broken - also a tiny silver ring

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there something wrong with TNet tonight? I've been trying to post pictures and it freezes up each time. I'll try to post the pictures again later or tomorrow.

Indian Steve & I went out for about 3 1/2 hours today. I dug up this ear thingy and walked over & showed it to Steve. There's no marking on it, but Steve immediately said it was gold. So I acid tested it first with the 14k solution and it failed. Then I tested it with the 10k solution and it passed beautifully. It weighs only 1.42 grams, but it's gold. Praise the Lord! Now that must open the door to more, right?

Also found a tiny silver ring, weighs in at .89 grams. Plus 29 clad coins for $1.85

Now to send this and will once again post pictures.

YeeHaa!

Upvote 22

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find! Many more to come

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
The ice has been broken DeepseekerADS! I hope much more of the yellow stuff follows.
HH
dts

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mon Dec 18 18-12-33.jpg

Mon Dec 18 18-07-07.jpg Mon Dec 18 18-08-49.jpg

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the gold! It's on now.
Were you using the CTX?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the gold! It's on now.
Were you using the CTX?

No, I was using the Tejon. It's a very quick beep & dig versus the CTX makes you think too much! So I didn't get any FE/CO numbers.

I'll pass it by the CTX tomorrow and let you know what it says.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !! May the golden flood gates open.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on scoring gold and silver.

Good luck to you sir!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on scoring gold and silver.
Good luck to you sir!

Thank you Tom. The last gold I found was a 10k ring in the Summer of 1987 at a tot lot swing set in Plymouth, Mass. It fit the wife = immediately :(

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the GOLD, may many more find your coil! :occasion14:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ruined DeepseekerADS by letting him use my Tejon a while back. Next thing I know, he has bought his own. Will he ever use the CTX again???? Now I have some serious competition! Congrats!!!!!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have ruined DeepseekerADS by letting him use my Tejon a while back. Next thing I know, he has bought his own. Will he ever use the CTX again???? Now I have some serious competition! Congrats!!!!!

Okay, the truth from this end. The CTX is an incredible machine of science. And that science makes you stop at every single signal looking at the screen, the numbers. All the while I was doing that, I dug very little trash, still digging by the sounds in the ground and of course looking at the numbers. Meanwhile Steve and his Tejon dug 2 to 3 as many times the targets. He dug a lot of trash. But he didn't miss any of the good stuff.

And today I dug the most trash of any hunt since I returned to the hobby, more than double my 31 good targets today. I'm hunting with the Tejon just like I hunted in the early 1980's, by sound. The more you dig in a hunt, the far better chance you have of digging up something good. To me, the Tejon is back to the basics.

I'll still use the CTX, but I know better than going up against Steve with his Tejon for another butt whipping :)

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Awesome job! Just listen to the sound and dig...I have no doubts you would have passed on the ear ring if you were using the CTX.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so glad to hear you dug your some gold. I bet you were stoked when it passed the test. Ya re-broke the ice, they should come more often now.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL Awesome job! Just listen to the sound and dig...I have no doubts you would have passed on the ear ring if you were using the CTX.

First, thank you for a great machine!

And you're right, yeah I'll look at the CTX numbers for it tomorrow, but seeing the size of the gold, a wire thingy kinda, I may very well have passed over that target before using the CTX and passed it up - a familiar area.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is always a good jump start on detecting!!!!!! Now you will be hammering those rings Good job!! Happy Holidays my friend!! Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread