Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found something significant today. I have been finding nothing but pull tabs and modern/semi-modern coins. No jewelry, no relics, no silver, etc. WELL THAT ALL CHANGED TODAY :). I am super excited about it. Not necessarily because it's valuable, not because it's old, but because this stuff IS still out there. It may only be one coin...but I would say it's in GREAT condition for 115 years old, and hopefully it's the beginning of better progress during future detecting!
20171219_181645.jpg
20171219_181705.jpg
20171219_140737.jpg
20171219_140743.jpg

Upvote 70

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
You commented on the merc dime I found and you seemed down because you had not found silver yet. I told you there was a merc waiting for you, but you did me one better. Congratulations on that beauty.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you have done it .your on your way to being a silver junkie .... congratulations...

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After many many decades of hunting i finally found my first Barber quarter this year. Of all detectors, it was my Tesoro Compadre that made it happen. Congratulations on a super hard coin "in my opinion" to find!

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So even though it's my first and only good fine so far, I decided that I'm going to give it to an old man that I met. He was kind enough to let me metal detect his property when nobody else would. Not to mention he didn't even know me yet. His house was built in the 1830s, and I told him that I was hoping to find an Indian head penny in his yard. He told me that if I found two I'd have to give him one. Sadly I was never able to find him one. I even debated on buying one just to give him one, but I didn't think that that would be the same. So I've decided to give him this coin and him and his wife a gift card to Cracker Barrel for their kindness and hospitality

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great looking Barber Quarter. I hope many more follow.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Barber! You’ll never forget your first [emoji106]

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job "Just Curious." It was only a little more than a month ago when you were getting frustrated about finding a decent target. Obviously your patience & persistence paid off nicely. And now that you know there are nice targets out there, hopefully this gives you the motivation to keep detecting. :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good jon learn your machine make a little test garden learn the sound of coins pop tops ect welcome to the addiction Thanks for posting your great find very nice of you to give to the person who gave you permission I think it will mean a lot to him Happy Holidays my friend

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So even though it's my first and only good fine so far, I decided that I'm going to give it to an old man that I met. He was kind enough to let me metal detect his property when nobody else would. Not to mention he didn't even know me yet. His house was built in the 1830s, and I told him that I was hoping to find an Indian head penny in his yard. He told me that if I found two I'd have to give him one. Sadly I was never able to find him one. I even debated on buying one just to give him one, but I didn't think that that would be the same. So I've decided to give him this coin and him and his wife a gift card to Cracker Barrel for their kindness and hospitality

That is good KARMA and could open the doors to other permissions. Good Move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread